You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. So, uh, this account not being read only...?

User Info: NotWhiteNinja

NotWhiteNinja
2 weeks ago#1
I found this account while clearing out my old saved logins in Firefox; it was the only one that was active.

However, there's PMs in the inbox clearly stating that the account was made read-only at some point. Yet when I signed into it the other day, it was level 13.

Do read-only accounts get promoted to normal ones after a certain amount of time, or was there a one-off change, or is this likely a glitch, or...?
Nope. I'm totally not the white ninja. You're confusing me with someone else.

NotWhiteNinja
2 weeks ago#2
For the record, I definitely wouldn't've requested a review of the account (and there's no PMs to suggest one ever took place - the newest PM is literally the one saying the account was set to read-only).

User Info: yoshifan1

yoshifan1
1 week ago#3
As far as I'm aware, admins only upgrade read-only accounts if a feedback ticket for an upgrade request is submitted. Perhaps you put in a ticket and forgot?
Sandwiches are made with bread.

NotWhiteNinja
1 week ago#4
I thought that was the only case. But if I had submitted a ticket and forgotten, wouldn't there be PM evidence of that, though? Or in my feedback history? (Although I'm not entirely sure how to find the latter - I know the link to submit a new ticket, but not to check existing ones. If it's the same, then the history is blank. Of course, that might be because it's purged.)

I'd try logging into some other old read-only accounts to see, but I don't remember any usernames or emails (I have a fair idea of what the passwords would be).

User Info: KookyCouture

KookyCouture
1 week ago#5
NotWhiteNinja posted...
Or in my feedback history? (Although I'm not entirely sure how to find the latter - I know the link to submit a new ticket, but not to check existing ones. If it's the same, then the history is blank. Of course, that might be because it's purged.)

It would show here, under the Your Feedback section: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/feedback/

if it's blank then you didn't submit one, I don't think they purge as I have ones in my history from 2011 there still
Drink up me hearties, yo ho

NotWhiteNinja
1 week ago#6
Don't have a Your Feedback section at all. I checked the same page on my main where I have submitted a few just in case I wasn't looking in the right place, definitely haven't submitted any.

NotWhiteNinja
1 week ago#7
So, I take it mods aren't sure what's going on here.

Maybe @SBAllen can shed some light on this?
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. So, uh, this account not being read only...?