• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Was the requirement for a moderator to explain their moderation removed?

User Info: bigpatpunchhard

bigpatpunchhard
3 months ago#1
I just got a moderation with no explanation.
https://i.imgur.com/mZ99iDE.jpg
Name me a more iconic duo... I'll wait

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
3 months ago#2
Correct, the requirement to leave a note for No Karma Loss/Warnings/Suspensions were removed. The requirement still remains for any Notify Without Deletion moderation though. Moderators do still have the option to leave a note if a moderation calls for one to be given no matter what punishment is selected however.
Welcome home, shed your skin and expose your bones.
Take my hand, follow us into the black so far that we can't get back.

User Info: bigpatpunchhard

bigpatpunchhard
3 months ago#3
Okay thanks. That seems a little weird and backwards in that it'll push moderators to give NKLs over notify without deletions. I've had a message deleted that I don't fully understand why but whatever. It was a good rule. Why was it changed? I mean I don't want to go back to using the appeal button as a "request clarification" thing.
https://i.imgur.com/mZ99iDE.jpg
Name me a more iconic duo... I'll wait

User Info: billyb2004

billyb2004
3 months ago#4
The fact that we're not required to leave a note for a NKL/warning now does not mean we're going to intentionally give out NKLs when a NWD would be fine or a warning in place of a NKL so that's not the reason the required notes for those particular moderations was removed.

For the most part if you're getting a NKL without a note it's likely because it should already be clear why it's a violation without us having to tell you. Again in some cases a moderator may still leave a note but if they choose not to then you're still welcomed to dispute a NKL or warning to get further clarification or to explain why you feel your post was not a violation or it you're not sure why it was moderated in the first place. You shouldn't feel discouraged from wanting to dispute when you're going to use the dispute for its proper use. The first level dispute is there for clarification and to explain your side. Even if it gets upheld you'll still get a reason why it was moderated just the way it's always been and can then appeal if you choose to.

The required notes is a good feature and is still used in all NWDs which is still the most common type of moderation. After a while if a user is racking up NWDs and they're not taking the notes seriously to change their behavior to avoid more similar moderations then they may start to get NKLs. After being informed countless times about a particular rule they shouldn't have to rely on the notes (while they are helpful) to better understand the rule since they've already been notified beforehand.
You can observe a lot just by watching.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1050-achievement-and-trophy-hunters
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Was the requirement for a moderator to explain their moderation removed?
  • Topic Archived