• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Any of you ever been troubled when you were younger?

User Info: Savoots

Savoots
4 months ago#1
Like, I've been on this site ever since I was a troubled young kid.

I guess that's why I'm still here.....I can't let go, which is my problem.

But do any of you care to share stories, here on the anonymous Internet?
Focus on other peoples' problems as a way to ignore your own.
/Irony

Savoots
4 months ago#2
And the only reason I ask this is because you guys are authority figures on this site, so again, you're like cops.

And cops are hated now for some reason, so you know the feeling.

I'm just asking for opinions is all......
/Irony

User Info: MMZ

MMZ
4 months ago#3
Got in trouble with...
Parents: Yes
School: Yes
The Law: No

And we're really much more like judges than police. We don't "patrol for crimes", we "judge" if a case (post) brought to our attention is a violation or not and issue a penalty accordingly.
Signature Edition Signature
FFRK: wVDR - (Forbidden Power)

Savoots
4 months ago#4
MMZ posted...
Parents: Yes

We all did lol. Ever seen Malcom In The Middle?

MMZ posted...
School: Yes

How so? I set fire to my English teacher's car, but unknown to her, it wasn't me....

MMZ posted...
The Law: No

Yeah me either because I never got caught.

MMZ posted...
And we're really much more like judges than police. We don't "patrol for crimes", we "judge" if a case (post) brought to our attention is a violation or not and issue a penalty accordingly.

Judges, huh?

Ever seen Dredd?
/Irony

MMZ
4 months ago#5
Savoots posted...
We all did lol. Ever seen Malcom In The Middle?

Yes, and yeah, that one is a given.

Savoots posted...
How so? I set fire to my English teacher's car, but unknown to her, it wasn't me....

Special Ops in a toilet paper war. Long story, but pretty tame.

Savoots posted...
Yeah me either because I never got caught.

<Pleads the fifth>

Savoots posted...
Judges, huh?

Ever seen Dredd?

I have, both movies, and while I do enjoy the ballistics and explosives on the range, I typically moderate from an elevated desk while wearing a black robe and holding a gavel. The Dredd helmet impedes my vision of the screen too much.

Savoots
4 months ago#6
MMZ posted...

Oh lol tell me about it.

Toilet paper war? Did you f*** up houses, people, or just general property?

MMZ posted...
I have, both movies, and while I do enjoy the ballistics and explosives on the range, I typically moderate from an elevated desk while wearing a black robe and holding a gavel. The Dredd helmet impedes my vision of the screen too much.

Yeah but I feel that people in power get drunk off it. Like they enjoy the power they have from judging others, and that's their coping mechanism, and a way to exact revenge on others for judging them.

But when you have power, you have to use it responsibly. By covering your ass and realizing others are out to get you because they don't like you because of your power and they see you as the enemy.
/Irony

Savoots
3 months ago#7
So nothing else?
/Irony

MMZ
3 months ago#8
Savoots posted...
MMZ posted...

Oh lol tell me about it.

Toilet paper war? Did you f*** up houses, people, or just general property?

People and property, mostly people ...it was in middle school ....during class.

MMZ posted...

Yeah but I feel that people in power get drunk off it. Like they enjoy the power they have from judging others, and that's their coping mechanism, and a way to exact revenge on others for judging them.

But when you have power, you have to use it responsibly. By covering your ass and realizing others are out to get you because they don't like you because of your power and they see you as the enemy.

My uncle (named Ben) always told me, "With great power comes great responsibility."

User Info: Valjackal

Valjackal
3 months ago#9
I don't really see being a moderator as having power. I applied because I wanted to give back to the site in some way, and I'm not a FAQ writer or anything like that. Yes, I have some elevated abilities, but it's really not that big of a deal to me. I don't get my jollies off of moderating people. I'm a manager in my career. If I wanted to power trip, that's where I'd do it.

To answer the original question, though I got in my fair share of trouble, I wouldn't say I was troubled. I came to the site way back in 99 to get some help with Battletoads. I stayed because I like the idea of a community of gamers helping one another and having an avenue to socialize, which really wasn't a huge thing back then.
Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die?

MMZ
3 months ago#10
Citrik posted...
I don't really see being a moderator as having power. I applied because I wanted to give back to the site in some way, and I'm not a FAQ writer or anything like that. Yes, I have some elevated abilities, but it's really not that big of a deal to me. I don't get my jollies off of moderating people. I'm a manager in my career. If I wanted to power trip, that's where I'd do it.

To answer the original question, though I got in my fair share of trouble, I wouldn't say I was troubled. I came to the site way back in 99 to get some help with Battletoads. I stayed because I like the idea of a community of gamers helping one another and having an avenue to socialize, which really wasn't a huge thing back then.

How did that go? I never did beat Battletoads; Couldn't ever pass level 6 (the snakes).
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Any of you ever been troubled when you were younger?
  • Topic Archived