Can a moderator delete my topic?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Can a moderator delete my topic?

User Info: ShamblerQ

ShamblerQ
4 months ago#1
I have second thoughts about a topic i made, and i really need to delete it for my sake.

But someone already posted in it. Is there any way a moderator can delete it? I'll delete my account if i have too.

I'm having a really odd panic attack right now, and creating that topic triggered some pretty bad anxiety.
http://i.imgur.com/1mXXnbo.gif

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
4 months ago#2
Unless the topic violates a rule we really can't delete it, sorry. You can lock it 5 minutes after no one posted in it.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

ShamblerQ
4 months ago#3
Error1355 posted...
Unless the topic violates a rule we really can't delete it, sorry. You can lock it 5 minutes after no one posted in it.

What if i violate the rule by posting an explicit photo? It can be deleted then, right?

Error1355
4 months ago#4
The post would be deleted, the topic would remain.

ShamblerQ
4 months ago#5
Error1355 posted...

That's violating the rules though. There's nothing i can do to delete the topic? Not even spam the thread with explicit photos?

User Info: Optimus Magnus

Optimus Magnus
4 months ago#6
Those posts would be violating the rules, not the topic itself. So to explain using this topic as an example, if you were to post an explicit photo, that individual post would be a violation but since there are no violations in the opening post of the topic, the whole topic would still be up.
"One shall stand. One shall fall."- Optimus Prime Leader of the Autobots.
"Bringing the Mother-****ing death by Konami!!"- Jan Valentine

User Info: Lady_Ninane

Lady_Ninane
4 months ago#7
ShamblerQ posted...
Error1355 posted...

That's violating the rules though. There's nothing i can do to delete the topic? Not even spam the thread with explicit photos?

If you do this, you will be suspended and the topic will remain up anyway.

At this point based on what I can see, you should be able to lock the thread now. I understand it's giving you severe anxiety, and while I can sympathize, we do not delete topics on request.

User Info: Tommy873

Tommy873
4 months ago#8
I'll chim in with an idea. If your topic is on a game board, you can have it closed and then wait for it to be archived. Then you should be able to delete all your posts in it, including the opening post. The topic itself will still be accessible, but your post content will not, except for other users posts in the topic.

Or, if the post is in a social board, then it will be purged after a while. Just lock it so no new posts can be posted in it.
Begin to see, coffee is me.

ShamblerQ
4 months ago#9
I want to thank all of you for the help.

I looked at the TOU, and it mentioned that Gamefaqs has the right to delete/remove content anytime it wanted. So given that phrase, you guys do have the power to delete a topic whenever you wanted, or you still have a guideline to follow?

Ah, here it is right here

We reserve the right to remove, at any time and without notice, any content from the Service.

Error1355
4 months ago#10
GameFAQs is able to legally remove any post for any reason and that is there mostly for the legal reasons, but the moderators have to hold themselves to the ToU/Board Etiquette. If I just deleted something that wasn't a violation because I felt like it I'd lose my position.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Can a moderator delete my topic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived