• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. What qualifies as the "n-word" or even remotely resembling it?

User Info: Nota214

Nota214
9 months ago#1
I ask because I've been trying to post a message but the system keeps preventing me from doing so on grounds that it thinks there's something resembling it. I've gone through the text multiple times but can't find a string of characters that looks anything like the n-word.

User Info: Crazymaori

Crazymaori
9 months ago#2
Post a screenshot of the message you’re trying to post?
"After all this time?"
"Always"

Nota214
9 months ago#3
https://i.imgur.com/NsuGRTJ.png
https://i.imgur.com/F8jwizg.png

User Info: Citrik

Citrik
9 months ago#4
Copy that text and try to send it to me in a PM. I don't know for sure if it'll allow it if the system's finding a trigger, but we can see.
Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die?

User Info: KookyCouture

KookyCouture
9 months ago#5
I've found one part that triggers that message:

"Zarg's counter is very helpful LB generation as he will usually get hit with whatever damage type isn't covered and frequently counter."

I had to remove the word "in" from that sentence (it went before LB), as for some reason when it is before LB it triggers the censor, I may be being blind here but I can't figure out how that's the n-word >_>
Drink up me hearties, yo ho

Nota214
9 months ago#6
Citrik posted...
Copy that text and try to send it to me in a PM. I don't know for sure if it'll allow it if the system's finding a trigger, but we can see.

Tried sending it via PM and it still wouldn't let me.

KookyCouture posted...
I've found one part that triggers that message:

"Zarg's counter is very helpful LB generation as he will usually get hit with whatever damage type isn't covered and frequently counter."

I had to remove the word "in" from that sentence (it went before LB), as for some reason when it is before LB it triggers the censor, I may be being blind here but I can't figure out how that's the n-word >_>

Thanks. I can't figure out what is considered to be vulgar about that string of characters but at least it was a simple change of rewording it using the word "for" in place of "in".

User Info: MMZ

MMZ
9 months ago#7
I narrowed it down to 4 letters triggering it, but it still doesn't make much sense as to why. An admin should be looking into it since this type of thing is beyond the powers of mod.

Simple rewording (as you've done) is always the best bet. I can't say that the issue would ever be 'fixed' because doing so might just lead to a greater risk of the actual words getting through.
Signature Edition Signature
FFRK: wVDR - (Sentinel Grimoire)

Nota214
9 months ago#8
I don't know if you're allowed or would feel comfortable saying what those 4 letters are but I tried editing a post using the letters around "in" and didn't seem to have any issue doing so. I ended up finding out that a post has an edit limit which I wasn't which I wasn't aware of since the edit function was added. The only combination I didn't get to try was "nLBg" and if this goes through then I don't know. I guess it's possible a space is necessary as I didn't try with spaces.

This had come up twice before so I figured I would just ask this time as it left me perplexed each time and I really didn't want to have to rewrite posts from scratch each time it did. It would be nice to know what string of characters to look for and avoid should this come up in the future and if the censor can't be fixed to accommodate for that.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. What qualifies as the "n-word" or even remotely resembling it?
  • Topic Archived