Is talking about fan mods a TOU violation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Is talking about fan mods a TOU violation?

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
6 months ago#1
I was talking about a fan-made mod for Need For Speed Most Wanted (a PC game) that lets you drive the Batmobile, but then @Emulator said that I'll "get in trouble" if I talk about such things, is this true?
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: yoshifan1

yoshifan1
6 months ago#2
Does the game allow modding, normally?
Sandwiches are made with bread.

OlorinTheOtaku
6 months ago#3
I don't see why not. Why wouldn't it? Its just like how fan mods work in games like GTA, Minecraft, The Elder Scrolls, ect.
"Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real." Find me on Twitter: @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: stahlbaum

stahlbaum
6 months ago#4
If it's something that would require violating a companies EULA then we would likely moderate it.

OlorinTheOtaku
6 months ago#5
^
I've never seen or heard of anything to that effect & I don't see any reason why using mods would be a EULA violation.

Unless the maker of the mod is earning a profit from it or the mod is used to somehow cheat in a multiplayer game, I can't see how the developers would have any problem with it.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Is talking about fan mods a TOU violation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived