why is there no report option for irrelevant comments

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. why is there no report option for irrelevant comments

User Info: KingArgorok

KingArgorok
3 months ago#1
why does that choice not exist? it clogs up the topic, which has a cap of 500 comments. if it is off topic, then why can't the comment get reported?
If the mechanics defy the intended rules, then the game is broken.

User Info: Tyrasibion

Tyrasibion
3 months ago#2
What exactly do you mean with "irrelevant comments"? You should be able to report every post in a topic, unless a post has received a "Notify Without Delete" moderation from a previous report.
"Look at these cute birds, they twitter!" -Lewis
"Do they? "I'm on a tree, LOL!"" -Simon

KingArgorok
3 months ago#3
Tyrasibion posted...
What exactly do you mean with "irrelevant comments"? You should be able to report every post in a topic, unless a post has received a "Notify Without Delete" moderation from a previous report.

derailed topics that are posted for the sake of spamming and junk posting. if anything that should at least be categorized under trolling.

Tyrasibion
3 months ago#4
Ah, I think I get it.

If there are posts in a topic that are designed to deliberately derail a topic, you can report them for Disruptive Posting. Purposely derailing a topic on a gaming board is something we do moderate for.

KingArgorok
3 months ago#5
Tyrasibion posted...
Ah, I think I get it.

If there are posts in a topic that are designed to deliberately derail a topic, you can report them for Disruptive Posting. Purposely derailing a topic on a gaming board is something we do moderate for.

could you at least update the description so include that for better clarification?

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
3 months ago#6
Also topics that naturally evolve into some other discussion is fine. We are not gonna moderate people for discussing something off-topic if it naturally evolved into it. If someone goes 'this topic is now about waffles' then that's a problem.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

Tyrasibion
3 months ago#7
Moderators have no say about what's in the description or not, that's up to the administrators. The Disruptive rule does state the following:

"Don't post messages designed solely to disrupt the normal flow of posts on a board."

This would include purposely derailing a topic on a topical board (such as a gaming board).

KingArgorok
3 months ago#8
i have seen junkposts that had absolutely nothing to discuss with the topic just for the sake of having jokes between two board users.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. why is there no report option for irrelevant comments

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived