Can you guys increase the size of the ignore list?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Can you guys increase the size of the ignore list?

User Info: zado19

zado19
1 month ago#1
Its clear you have no desire to fix the broken quote system where we can still see posts from people on our ignore list so can we at least have more room? We already saw the other day when Allen said there's 1 guy with 10,000 alts on the Switch board.... and even if thats hyperbole, those alts still clog up the ignore list since there doest seem to be a desire to just ban these folks outright
If you quote Endgame, you get ignored too, even if you have something of value to say...

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
1 month ago#2
There are no plans to increase the ignore list.

Also may I recommend you not antagonize users with a signature like that? You look like you are literally baiting people into getting ignored by you.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

zado19
1 month ago#3
Error1355 posted...
There are no plans to increase the ignore list.

Also may I recommend you not antagonize users with a signature like that? You look like you are literally baiting people into getting ignored by you.

Hmm, well i hope its something you folks might look at going forward.

In terms of my sig, I think its been fine so far. A number of people agree with and a few find it commendable. The only people who have ever been "antagonized" were those who were posting things that deserved to be modded in the first place so they deserved to be ignored

Not sure how i could bait someone into getting ignored..... or how that could be a "bad" thing?
If you quote Endgame, you get ignored too, even if you have something of value to say...

Error1355
1 month ago#4
Ignoring is a tool to help hide someone's posts. It's not meant for you to hang over people's heads with a constant threat of ignoring them. When you use a signature like that you do nothing but make the problem for yourself worse. You're instantly making a user you don't like and the threat of ignoring other users a subject in every topic you post in.

zado19
1 month ago#5
Error1355 posted...
Ignoring is a tool to help hide someone's posts. It's not meant for you to hang over people's heads with a constant threat of ignoring them. When you use a signature like that you do nothing but make the problem for yourself worse. You're instantly making a user you don't like and the threat of ignoring other users a subject in every topic you post in.

we can agree to disagree here then...... I feel it does the opposite bc if its in the sig, I dont have to fill up the topic actively posting that message over and over

Error1355
1 month ago#6
...You simply don't need to post about it at all. Just ignore the user. Don't make a spectacle out of it. I don't understand the desire of people to use their ignore list as some sort of open threat. Just ignore them, don't give them special attention by putting them in your signature and threatening every single user who also talks to that user.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Can you guys increase the size of the ignore list?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived