Why do you got into Purgatory *after* a decision is made?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Why do you got into Purgatory *after* a decision is made?

User Info: Rockies

Rockies
7 months ago#1
That doesn't make sense, "purgatory" means a waiting period where your fate is decided. It would make much more sense if Purgatory/Suspended were the other way around

User Info: Tyrasibion

Tyrasibion
7 months ago#2
I could very well be mistaken, but I think purgatory wasn't always there. At first, I believe, it was just banned, suspended and warned. So if a user would get suspended, there's only two ways to go. But sometimes a user doesn't deserve to be banned yet, but a warning is too lenient, so for that reason purgatory was added. It probably would have caused confusion if we would have swapped suspension and purgatory around, so it just stayed like this.

After all, it's just semantics. ;)
"Look at these cute birds, they twitter!" -Lewis
"Do they? "I'm on a tree, LOL!"" -Simon

User Info: spartan99ruler

spartan99ruler
7 months ago#3
In a sense, purgatory still is a waiting period where your fate is decided. It takes an awful lot to get purg'd in the first place, so it gives you an extended period of time to determine what you want to do. You can continue trolling/offending/flaming/etc and get banned or you can follow the rules. The only difference is that you get to decide your own fate rather than having it decided for you.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/852-nofunallowed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b39VhSOxRcE
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Why do you got into Purgatory *after* a decision is made?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived