Is asking about other members genitalia against the ToS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Is asking about other members genitalia against the ToS?

User Info: gunplagirl

gunplagirl
4 months ago#1
I'm frequently bombarded with other posters on (of course) the Current Events board, and at least once a week I have somebody comment on or inquire about my genitalia. Is this against the ToS and if so, what should I mark such posts as?
Pokemon Moon FC: 1994-2190-5020
IGN: Vanessa

User Info: Lady_Ninane

Lady_Ninane
4 months ago#2
Bear in mind I have no knowledge of your situation, so I can only speak on a general sense in response to your question.

It's not a problem to ask if a person is a guy or a girl, even if done in a crude fashion. ('tc do you have a willy or a vagina' etc) But if they become belligerent, use sexually harassing language, attempt to solicit explicit information from you, become any more vulgar than my off the cuff example, or so on, it can be a very grave concern and should absolutely be marked.

Sexism is also generally moddable, even if the posters are doing so in a joking fashion. A person's sex should not be a point that others can antagonize you over. If it is being brought up in this way, mark them.

Just mark them for offensive or trolling as you feel best fits it. If you suspect someone doing any of what I touched upon above, mark them and either put them on ignore or leave the topic. Don't engage them as that only emboldens trolls, usually.

User Info: gunplagirl

gunplagirl
3 months ago#3
Two more questions, I've been seeing
"This user has already been notified that their post is against the rules. It may no longer be marked for moderation."
On posts that are pretty clearly against the rules yet still clearly visible ie not deleted for violating the rules. What's that about?

Also, is calling or suggesting another poster mentally unstable, crazy, psycho, etc. somehow not flaming?
Pokemon Moon FC: 1994-2190-5020
IGN: Vanessa

User Info: Lady_Ninane

Lady_Ninane
3 months ago#4
gunplagirl posted...
On posts that are pretty clearly against the rules yet still clearly visible ie not deleted for violating the rules.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/6-gamefaqs-announcements/76187373
To start, we are removing the Notify punishment, commonly called the 3KL or 3 Karma Loss moderation. When moderation on the site originally began, the user wasn't clearly notified if they received a non-karma loss deletion, so having a step between that and a Warning made sense. This is no longer the case as a user is informed of all deletions.

To replace this, we are introducing the Notify Without Delete (NWD) punishment. This will become the new ground floor moderation, with the No Karma Loss moderation taking the place of the 3KL punishment, followed by a Warning then Suspension.

The way that NWD will work is that for minor offenses where a user technically violated a rule but their post wasn't particularly heinous, we will allow the post to remain but notify the user that their post was against the rules so that they know in the future not to post something similar again. If we notify the user a few times and their behavior doesn't change, we'll ramp up the punishment to deletions, then Warnings, and so on.

A few changes since this update went live:

* If a post receives an NWD, the post cannot be reported to the moderation staff again.

All namecalling is prohibited, so if someone called you a psychopath it is a violation of the Flaming guideline.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Is asking about other members genitalia against the ToS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived