What the hell does this message mean?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. What the hell does this message mean?

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
3 months ago#1
Your message text contains a word longer than the maximum allowed length of 80 characters. Please split this text with a space or line break.

My brother got this when he was trying to post his CYOA's 1st post. Is there a way around this so he can post more then 80 characters on 1 line or is he blocked from posting his CYOA until he's higher levelled(his account is currently a Rookie User if this is why the message keeps popping up)?
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: ne14a6t9r

ne14a6t9r
3 months ago#2
The message you quoted above only displays if a single word is 80 characters or greater in length, not if there are 80 characters in a line or not. You may need to break up long words with a space to minimise a single words length.

Now I'm interested to see what single word your brother is trying to use that is longer than 80 characters 🤔

DiduXD
3 months ago#3
ne14a6t9r posted...
The message you quoted above only displays if a single word is 80 characters or greater in length, not if there are 80 characters in a line or not. You may need to break up long words with a space to minimise a single words length.

Now I'm interested to see what single word your brother is trying to use that is longer than 80 characters 🤔

It was a sentence which I'll post:
I decided to start my CYOA, which contains references to Forbidden Memories, a CYOA by DiduXD. Time to get started!
I forget exactly what it was but the sentence was something along those lines. Then he put a bunch of dashes (-) below to separate the intro from the story and when he hit Post, that message popped up. He tried separating the part of him starting the CYOA and the reference to my CYOA by making them 2 separate sentences then putting the part stating it would contain references to Forbidden Memories on the line directly below the sentence but it still didn't let him post it.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
3 months ago#4
DiduXD posted...
Is there a way around this

The only work around is to not post 80 characters in a row without a space.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

DiduXD
3 months ago#5
Error1355 posted...
DiduXD posted...
Is there a way around this

The only work around is to not post 80 characters in a row without a space.

Well, I kinda figured it out from another person. Trying to find out what caused it though. TBH it'd be better if the site actually added an explanation and highlighted where the thing blocking the message was so people could have an easier time rather then guessing.

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
3 months ago#6
DiduXD posted...
Trying to find out what caused it though.

Look for a line of 80 or more characters without a single space.

I can't imagine that being difficult. 80 characters is a lot in a row.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. What the hell does this message mean?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived