Tried to report a topic it won't let me

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Tried to report a topic it won't let me

User Info: scrublife503

scrublife503
3 months ago#1
ok, so i realize that i had my message deleted because this is not the place to report on topics(though how you can say that my messages were deleted for trolling is beyond me), but there is no way to report the message that i want to report? please, tell me what i need to do to report the message and i will do so.

scrublife503
3 months ago#2
Ok. I don't want the moderation to be overturned. I want the original message to be deleted, completely, from the archives. Saying you are sorry and that nothing can be done is, in my opinion, asinine. Something can be done. You can delete the archive. The fact that it just sits there leaves this person to just bully more people and can lead to bad things happening. Just because it wasn't caught in the first place doesn't mean that something cannot be done now. I don't understand the system you guys have in place. What i want to know is this: Why can't the archive be deleted now that you have seen it? I understand that you don't see every post and you rely on people to report such things, and if they do not get reported in time the subject gets archived, but then after it is archived it can just sit there being offensive/trolling and nothing is done about it? that makes zero sense to me.

User Info: billyb2004

billyb2004
3 months ago#3
We can't moderate archived messages. Once they're archived then the option to report is gone and we can't do anything about that. Only the admins can manually remove any archived posts and only by request from a feedback form and only in serious cases. I can't guarantee they'll remove those archived messages but putting in a feedback ticket (https://www.gamefaqs.com/feedback?type=39) is your best shot rather than remaking topics on this board and demanding us to do something we unfortunately cannot do.

You can also try to PM the user and ask them nicely to remove those messages since users can delete their own archived messages (https://www.gamefaqs.com/user/archive) from that page.
You can observe a lot just by watching.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1050-achievement-and-trophy-hunters

scrublife503
3 months ago#4
already sent the feedback, thank you for at least trying. I admit i blew up over this a little, and have calmed down now, so i am no longer resentful of the moderation. Thank you for your time, sorry for the trouble
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. Tried to report a topic it won't let me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived