Guide and Walkthrough by Lanzz
Version: 1.0 | Updated: 10/21/2014
Table of Contents
Hobgoblin II is a side-scrolling action platformer game developed by David Parsons (Pantheon Software) for the BBC Micro and Acorn Electron. This game was published by Atlantis Software on 1990 in Europe. This game is a sequel to Hobgoblin, and it is a second and a last game in classic Hobgoblin series.
Like the first game, its gameplay is similar to Ghosts 'N' Goblins. The gameplay involves trekking along a scrolling landscape, jumping over things, killing enemies, and collecting add-ons. This game also comes with few addictions such as a ladders to climb, better controls system, better graphics, a Gradius-style weapon selection system, and a boss battle.
- Game History:- http://www.confused-pelican.com/hobgoblin2.html
- Version 1.0 = 22 October 2014
This is a first version of this FAQ. It contains Introduction, Plot, Controls, Simple Walkthrough, Items Listing, Enemies Listing, and Credits.
The Land of Altoris is once again under attack from the vicious Hobgoblins and their creations that roam the dense woods and foul smelling swamps that surround you. Since Zanock recovered the Golden Orb fifty years ago, the people of Altoris have lived in relative peace but now that peace is shattered. The Golden Orb is no longer powerful enough to protect against the ravages of the deadly creations brought to life by the evil Lord of the Hobgoblins.
As the son of Zanock and heir to the throne of Altoris you, Toraz, must go forth and do battle with the Lord of the Hobgoblins and his deadly protectors.
Over the years many weapons have been secreted in the woods, for it was written that this day would come. Use them wisely. As the son of Zanock, your courage is not in doubt but all of your skill and cunning will be needed if you are to succeed against this most terrifying foe.
- Z = Left
- X = Right
- * = Climb Up
- ? = Climb Down
- <SHIFT> = Jump
- <RETURN> = Fire
- <SPACE> = Select (Upgrade) Weapon
- Q/S = Sound Off/On
- P = Pause On/Off
- <ESCAPE> = Quit Game
The objective of this game is to fight your way throughout 50 side-scrolling screens, and then kill the evil Lord of the Hobgoblins (in the last screen). You have to explore the dense woods, and fight your way through the foul smelling swamps until you meet the evil Lord of the Hobgoblins in his lair.
Like the first game; you must jump carefully across the chasm, and kill (or avoid) any enemies that you encounter. Be careful because one attack from enemies, or falling into a chasm will kill you instantly. You also must hurry because you will lose a life when the times is out. Sometimes, you have to memorize the enemies' positions and movements, because they're too fast to be dodged or killed the first time.
You're start the game with three lives, and a small Dagger to defend yourself with. Sometime, you'll get some items by killing the enemies or opened the chests.
- Collecting 3 Glowing Skulls will give you an extra life to play with.
- Collecting a Glowing Arrow will increase the Range of your weapon.
- Collecting a Glowing Treasure (Emerald, Ring, Ruby, Dagger) enable you to upgrade your weapon (depending on the number of treasures that you collected).
- Collecting 1 Glowing Treasure will upgrade your weapon to Axes.
- Collecting 2 Glowing Treasures will upgrade your weapon to Arrows.
- Collecting 3 Glowing Treasures will upgrade your weapon to Fireballs.
- Collecting 4 Glowing Treasures will upgrade your weapon to Spears.
- Collecting 5 Glowing Treasures will upgrade your weapon to Shurikens.
- Collecting 6 Glowing Treasures will upgrade your weapon to Swords.
- Collecting 7 Glowing Treasures will upgrade your weapon to Lightning Bolts.
After you successfully negotiate throughout 50 screens, you must fight the evil Lord of the Hobgoblins. This last battle is very difficult. You must avoid his fireball spells, and then attack him at the same times. It is wise to use your strongest weapon against him. After a lot of hits, He'll die and the game will ends.
- Weapons:- Daggers -> Axes -> Arrows -> Fireballs -> Spears -> Shurikens -> Swords -> Lightning Bolts
- Glowing Skull:- Collect 3 of this item to get an extra life.
- Glowing Arrow:- Increase the Range of your weapon.
- Glowing Treasure (Emerald, Ring, Ruby, Dagger):- Collect it to upgrade your weapon (depending on the number of treasures that you collected).
|Zombie||Press FIRE rapidly to kill them.|
|Ghost||Press FIRE rapidly to kill them, or just avoid them.|
|Wizard||Avoid it's fireball by jumping, and then press FIRE rapidly to kill them.|
|Witch||Press FIRE rapidly to kill them, or just jump over them.|
|Troll||Press FIRE rapidly to kill them.|
|Reaper||Press FIRE rapidly to kill them, or just avoid them.|
|Hobgoblin||Press FIRE rapidly to kill them.|
|Lord of the Hobgoblins||Avoid his fireball by jumping, and then press FIRE rapidly to kill him.|
- David Parsons (Pantheon Software) - For creating this amazing game.
- Atlantis Software - For publishing this game.
- Lanzz - Author of this walkthrough.
- GameFAQs - For posting my walkthrough.
This FAQ is Copyright 2014 by Lanzz. All rights reserved.
This may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without my permission. Use of this guide on any other web site or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright. If you wish to host this FAQ, please e-mail me at email@example.com.
All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.
- I'm sorry if I misspelled words or make wrong sentences. English is not my native language.
- Feel free to ask me any questions or give comment on this FAQ.
- If I have forgotten something or you know any secret, then please contact me so that i can updating this FAQ. I will credit any help given to improve this FAQ.
- If you could, rate this FAQ so I can get some feedback.
- Thanks for reading. I hope you'll enjoy this game. Bye!