Is there a kill screen?

1. Kill screen.

User Info: Then0rm

Then0rm - 8 months ago

1. To my understanding, this is simply a completely unknown question. Every now and then a new world record crops up but there's absolutely no mention of a kill screen that I can find. At least for the arcade version but the Atari 2600 version is a mostly accurate port of it, IIRC.

My guess is that at some point the game just caps the difficulty and all that, so you wouldn't get any problems from a kill screen with like "level count" and such a la Pac-Man. Beyond that I can't imagine there'd be a kill screen aside from maybe screwing things up with an absurdly high score but IF it were to happen in that way it'd have to happen at like 16.7 billion points (the world records I've seen were well under a million).

There might be an effective kill screen in terms of difficulty a la how the term is used in NES Tetris, but that's highly subjective and the "kill screen" barrier for that title gets broken on a more and more frequent basis.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer - 8 months ago 3   0