Review by Doodleheimer

Reviewed: 05/22/01 | Updated: 05/20/02

Am I the only one who spends five bucks in this machine

Game Play-8/10

This game is pretty much Pac-Man with some cosmetic changes. You go around in a maze, avoiding ghosts, eating power pellets, and eating ghosts when you eat a large pellet. The cutscenes are kind of different. When you get to a cutscene, usually Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man will be in it. The complexety of the mazes and the speed of the ghosts increases as you go through the game. I could've beaten level ten, but some kid thought it was a table (The cabinet was shaped like a coffee table, with the screen on top) and sat on it. But, I got the high score. 34732 was my score, I believe.

Fun Factor-8/10

After all these decades (two really), Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man are still really, really fun. It is a shame thatthose old Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo and NES versions are really expensive, compared to the average price of one of those versions of Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man. So stick with the quarter-a-play arcade versions. You get the same value, and it costs less when you finally get sick of the game. (It happens with every game) Of course, it'll take you a while to get sick of this game.

Music-10/10

The only themes of music in this game is the opening music and the cutscene music. Yet, they remain classic. I still love those tunes.

Control-5/10

I had to review this section because this is probably the last game that should use a joystick. A directional pad (or something similar to the roller in bowling simulators)

Sound Effects-8/10

There are a few sound effects in this game. At least those aren't classic. The sound effects do mach up to the game play, though.

Graphics-8/10

The graphics were really good for a game made twenty years ago. The differences between this and the original Pac-Man are that Ms. Pac-Man wears lipstick and has a bowtie, and eyelashes, I think. The color of the mazes and pellets change as you progress through the game.

Overall-8/10 (Not An Average)

Surprisingly, these machines are still common in most arcades, and pizza places, and bowling alleys. These are the most common arcade machines out there. (Either those, or the Street Fighter II machines) This game remains a classic, and is still fun to play. I don't think there is anything else in the arcades that can offer you this.