Review by cranium7

Reviewed: 11/01/99 | Updated: 11/01/99

How can you go wrong with a team up like that?

Look at that name up there. X-Men. Street Fighter. Are you drooling yet?

GRAPHICS: 9
The graphics in this game are very well done. The animation is very smooth, the specials and supers look cool, and the characters are detailed. Get ready to see just about every bolt on Apocalypse's body....

SOUND: 10
The sounds are great, as well. Each smack and crunch you hear is bone-breakingly crisp. The voices sound just like they did in X-Men: COTA and SFA, both of which are good things. The music is good too, I assume, but you'll be too busy fighting to listen to it.

GAMEPLAY: 10+
You'll pump quarters into this thing like there's no tomorrow if you're like me. The game is just a blast to play. It's fast, it's responsive, need I say more? If you liked SFA, you'll like this too. The tag team aspect of it is well done, and there's no feeling quite like countering a jump kicker with a team-up super just as you're about to die. Speaking of supers, they're very easy to do here, and charge up quickly too.

STORY: 4
So Street Fighter games aren't known for their stories. In fact, I don't even know if this game has a story. Oh well.

OVERALL: 9/10
Look at the numbers. Then look at the name at the top of the page again. Now are you drooling?