Review by K0LDSTeeL

Reviewed: 03/04/00 | Updated: 03/04/00

One of the finest arcade games ever made!

This a real classic arcade game when it came out. This is the one that makes me remember the good old days of arcade games. I do not care what you have to say about old school games, they are one of the biggest challenge for a pure gamer. it does not matter games you beaten, just play this game and you will like it. It was also a great attempt for Sega, which most of them were under rated, mainly due to all the hype going at the time about other consoles and arcade games.

Graphics 9/10
For an arcade game in 1986, this one had the best, with a very cool 3D effect. Only downer was how big they made the shots from the enemies, which was very hard to avoid at times (such as too many enemies on screen at once).

Sound / Music 7/10
Not alot of sounds, but at least they made the plasma rifle shots sound real. The boss music was pretty cool, especially at the end of the game, which may take a while and lots of skill(I do mean lots!).

Control 10/10
As I said in my review for the Master System port, it still has that old school simplisity, one button and a joystick(those were the good old days, until some schmuck decided to make games with more features).

Gameplay 9/10
A very challenging game indeed, but it is possible to beat this game, but it takes a whole lot of quarters to beat! I am serious about that, one shot your dead, that makes it a worth while game, especially when you want some hand eye coordination.

Replay 8/10
Not a lot of replay in this here game, but once you've beaten it, try beating it again. After that there is not much more, but you will spend a lot of money on Space Harrier.

All in all, this was a very fun game to play in the arcades, I just wish that one day, an arcade will get one these machines in there, I'll probably spend at least 40 bucks on these:)