Why is Belboz's question always stuck on the "Barsap" question?

1. I have a problem. Lately I've been playing the Apple II version of Spellbreaker's Release 87 (September 4, 1986) and during the time I first visit Belboz in the Enchanter's Retreat, I talk to him, but here's the problem: Belboz's test questions never change, no matter how many times I restore my game and ask him. The question is always stuck on "Which mage had the motto, 'The hardest trick is making it look easy.'?" (Answer: Barsap) and never changes at all! It might have been a glitch or something! When will the "Belboz's question never changes" glitch be fixed? Or should I get a different console version of Spellbreaker?

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82 - 4 years ago

1. Since it is a 30 year old game running on a system released 40 years ago it is unlikely that there will be a patch. If you mean a patch for the program that you are using to run the game then that would be a different story and would mean there could be a possibility of a patch or more likely a newer release.

Something you can try before loading the game is to change a setting on the program or a few settings and then load the game. Game roms are notorious for seeming to have a locked RNG, so you might try re-installing that. If it is a situation where you don't want to lose what you have, you could try installing both the program and the rom in a different directory. If a different version of the rom is available then you could try that (but I'm sure you know that's something you shouldn't ask for here). Good luck!

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k - 4 years ago 1   0