What is the best seal for brave Ephraim?

1. After spending hundreds of orbs I finally got my brave ephraim (+atk -spd). I was looking for the best builds online and many of them suggests distant counter, which I doesn't have available now. So I was thinking about sticking with gamepress build and giving him death blow, or keeping him with close counter. The thing is, is death blow only suggested because it gives a better arena score, or is it really good for him?
    Also I think aether might be a good special for him, but this led me to the question: would heavy blade be a good seal for him? If I'm not counting wrong, with it he will be able to activate aether every turn. What do you think?

User Info: descon33

descon33 - 1 year ago

1. I'm assuming you meant Close Def, since Ephraim can't equip Close Counter. Anyway, Gamepress most likely mentioned DB4, because it's worth the same score as DC. Without DC, there really isn't anything worthwhile to put on the A-slot, so you might as well keep Close Def.

Equipping Heavy Blade seal is worthless if you're keeping Special Fighter, since cooldown charge reductions can't stack (read the description). SF gives cooldown for every attack, anyway (not just Ephraim's), so he can already do one-turn Aethers. A better option is Armored Boots, which allows Ephraim to keep his follow-up attacks, even when split up from his allies. You could then maybe replace Armor March with something like Odd Def Wave (turn 2 is usually the time you start taking damage, so on turn 3, you'll want your follow-ups back). If you're using Tactics skills, though, you don't have to replace his C-slot.

User Info: CaRmAgE

CaRmAgE (Expert) - 1 year ago 1   0

1. I suggest armored boots as his seal. Keep close defense 3 and special fighter 3. Inherit attack smoke 3. I suggest swap for helping tank over. Now it gets interesting: Inherit noontime. He'll be healing every other turn and be doing massive amounts of damage doubling, thanks to Garm+armored boots. If he's at full health, he can continue double killing. I use this set and it's pretty op. Your IVs are optimal too!

User Info: shawnwalker

shawnwalker - 1 year ago 2   0