How do folks go about understanding the japanese material?

1. I have a screenshot translator installed but it isn't very accurate, thus helpful. I'm just wondering how my fellow English speakers navigate and understand the jp game. There seems to be tons of differences in abilities. But, for example, how do we work on chocoboards and missions without understanding them? Is there a certain translation app that you use, or do you actually know some japanese? I'm just wondering how people go about it because I see videos online of people just pointing out this and that and I'm like, "How do you know that?!"

Please and thank you very much!

User Info: Balthazareus

Balthazareus - 1 month ago

1. Generally speaking it's by talking to the people who do know the translation and memorizing everything. For instance if you have every character already memorized it doesn't really matter if you don't know what their abilities say they are because you already know them. Similarly because others post the chocobo boards online it's easy to just look at what they are when you need them and not worry about actually knowing what they say 100% of the time. Reddit is a good resource for this, as there are a lot of JP infographics posted when something comes out, but it's easy to just ask any questions in the JP topic(s) here as everyone involved in them would be happy to help you.

User Info: ellis123

ellis123 (Expert) - 1 month ago 1   0