FAQ/Walkthrough by ABXInferno
Version: Zelda | Updated: 01/13/18
Table of Contents
- Zelda 101
- Tips and Tricks
- Kokiri Forest
- Hyrule Castle
- Death Mountain
- Zora's Domain
- The Master Sword
- Forest Medallion
- Fire Medallion
- Ice Cavern and Biggoron's Sword
- Water Medallion
- Shadow Medallion
- Spirit Medallion
- Final Push
- Master Quest Dungeons
- Inside the Deku Tree Master Quest
- Dodongo's Cavern Master Quest
- Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly Master Quest
- Forest Temple Master Quest
- Fire Temple Master Quest
- Ice Cavern Master Quest
- Water Temple Master Quest
- Bottom of the Well Master Quest
- Shadow Temple Master Quest
- Spirit Temple Master Quest
- Gerudo Training Grounds Master Quest
- Ganon's Castle Master Quest
- Legal and Conclusion
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has a control system that's versatile and gives you tons of options, but is also fluid and easy to use. The 3DS features a different control layout than the N64, so some actions may be performed by a different button or moved to the touch screent than what you're used to.
|Circle Pad||Move Link around, navigate menus.|
|A Button||Perform the displayed action on the bottom-right corner of the top display (see next sub-section).|
|B Button||Use your sword. You can press it 3 times to do a special attack, spin the Circle Pad and press it to do a spin attack, L Target and B to chop, L Target, Circle Pad forward and B to stab, R and B to guard and stab, or move sideways and B to slice.|
|X Button||Use assigned item.|
|Y Button||Use assigned item.|
|L Button||Center the camera, strafe the enemy/object. When strafing, press A to do a jump attack (which deals more damage), L, Circle Pad backwards and A to backwards flip or L, Circle Pad sidewards and A to dodge incoming attacks with a sideward flip.|
|R Button||Raise your shield.|
|Touch screen||Touch the icon to perform the related action, e.g. call Navi.|
|ZL Button (new 3DS)||No action.|
|ZR Button (new 3DS)||No action.|
|C-Stick (new 3DS)||No action.|
The A Button is one of the most fundamental and important buttons in the game: you won't get very far beyond the first few minutes if you don't use it. You perform the action that the game displays in the top screen's bottom-right corner, such as "Open" when in front of a door, or "Grab" when in front of a moveable box and etc. Here are the various actions that it performs:
- Speak: when in front of an NPC, press A to talk to him/her.
- Roll attack: when moving, press A to do a roll attack that enables you to move forward faster.
- Check: when in front of signs etc., press A in front of it to check it.
- Grab, push or pull: For large items such as movable blocks that are larger than you, press and hold A to grab onto it, then tilt the Circle Pad in the direction desired. You may only be able to do so in two directions (forward and backward).
- Grab and throw: For smaller items, you may be able to grab them, move around, aim and then throw it anywhere you like.
- Grab and drop: For smaller items, you may be able to grab them and drop them anywhere you like.
- Climb and descend: When near a ladder, you will grab on to it and you will be able to climb it or descend down it.
- Open doors: When in front of a door, you may be able to open it by pressing A in front of it, provided it is not locked.
- Drop down: When grabbing onto a ledge, press A to drop down.
- Target and speak: When far from an NPC, L Target him/her and press A to speak.