Review by Corey105

Reviewed: 09/14/11

The classic is back, with three dimensional Arwings!

Hello, my name is Corey, and this is my second review (On this site, of course). Today, I will be reviewing Star Fox 64 3DS for, well, obviously, the 3DS. This game is just like the classic, but includes new modes and new multiplayer. Will it live up to the hype? Or is it going to get shot down?

The gameplay was practically flawless. The game has no major bugs, and the original story is there. They even had the N64 included so you can play it just like it was on the N64! The game had a few issues that you had to deal with. For example, the controls aren't too good. They tend to make you have to manuver yourself to press certain buttons at times. I honestly haven't had many problems with it, it's only happened once or twice where I've needed to do that. Another issue is the multiplayer. I mean, it's not fantastic, but it's not bad. Honestly, this game isn't about the multiplayer, but if you like multiplayer, odds are you won't be astonished about the multiplayer. The single player makes up for it though ten-fold. The only thing they could have done is make the controls customizable, and make multiplayer better. That would give the gameplay a perfect 10/10.

Okay, the story is bad, but honestly, the game isn't even about the story. The story is essentially you need to go to different planets and do the mission with them, whether that be defusing bombs, to just plain killing enemies. It's really nothing fantastic, and you shouldn't expect anything mind blowing.

Graphics/Sound: 10/10
Beautiful. Simply beautiful. They took everything from the original, updated it, and gave it a new coat. The piano at the end credits also is a bonus. The graphics were amazing, the 3D was very good, and it felt like the arwing was popping out of the screen. The music and sounds were updated from the original, so it's just like the original Star Fox with higher quality. The only thing I wish they kept was the really blocky explosions, but things need to change.

Play Time/Replayability: 10/10
This is an easy one. This deserves the full ten points! The game for one run through is about an hour. If you're a play and done kinda player, then this is not the game for you. This game's replayability is fantastic! It takes about 3 runs just to get to all the planets, and that isn't including the medals and expert mode! It will take you a while to actually finish the entire game, which makes the replay value fantastic.

Is it worth it?: For $40? Yes. This was worth the $40. The replay value and graphics and sounds were amazing, along with the single player. The single player made me feel like I was playing my old N64 again (with new stuff of course). I loved this game, and I am still playing it as we write this review. If you don't like to replay games, then you really should not bother buying it, but if you like to replay games and get everything, then this is worth buying it! That about wraps up the review, so until next time, game on.

Product Release: Star Fox 64 3D (US, 09/09/11)