Can I transfer certain data (like badges and themes) from one SD card to another, already occupied, SD card?

1. My sibling has a 3DS that they no longer want, and I am wondering if it is possible to transfer just their themes and badges to my SD card (I know games won't work, since they have a NNID license attached to them). I actually have a few questions regarding this:

- Do themes and badges also have NNID info attached to them, thus not making them functional on other devices with a different NNID?

- When transferring theme and badge data on a PC, what files am I supposed to put them in?

- Will adding foreign data on my destination SD card (with stuff on it) possibly corrupt my SD data? I have many EShop games, badges, and themes on my SD, and I really don't want to lose those!

Any helpful feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-RoboTone

User Info: RoboTone

RoboTone - 3 years ago

1. All of the 3DS specific data on a SD card is tied to that 3DS in a way that other systems will simply not bother to read it. The only way you'd be able to get the stuff on the other SD card to move over is through a system transfer, which would render the contents of your existing SD card useless (though games, themes and badges would be able to be re-obtained, but all saves would be lost).

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8 (Expert) - 3 years ago 1   0