How do I delete the nintendo network ID when I don't know the password and it's preowned?

1. OK, so i brought a red 3DS XL at a flea market. It's in perfect condition if but a few little scrapes around the edges, Not tampered at all. I finally got a SD card for it but now there's another problem. It keeps asking for the Nintendo network ID. Which I don't at all know the account thus i can't get in to delete it and fill it with my information. The man who sold it to me wasn't the original owner/gamer and i didn't even know about this all password stuff till recently. Is there anyway AT ALL to get around this? The original account's ID is cpatrick1, so unless your him and can give me the password so i can delete it and make my own ID, i need another way. Please help me out.

User Info: MidnightRockets

MidnightRockets - 6 years ago

1. I think this was stolen if the seller did not play it. Report online to try and return to the owner.

User Info: zoedacat

zoedacat - 1 year ago 5   11

1. Reformatting the internal memory should do the trick. Be aware that this will delete *everything* on the 3DS, so if there are any games on the device that you want to keep, you may want to transfer them to the SD card first.

"What to Do:
    Select the System Settings icon on the HOME Menu, and tap "Open."
    Tap "Other Settings."
    Tap the right arrow three times, and tap "Format System Memory."
    Tap OK when asked if you are ready to connect the Internet.
    Once your Internet connection is confirmed, read what will be lost when formatting the system by selecting Next.
    Tap "Format."
    Tap "Format" again to erase the data."

Taken from Nintendo's support website.

User Info: Biocomper

Biocomper - 6 years ago 12   5

1. If a NNID is active on a 3DS, the format command requires its password. It will also remove all games, and any games/saves on SD cards that have been used with the 3DS will become useless (this is why the 3DS will clean out the SD card during a format if it is in the system).

You will have to contact Nintendo about this, if this hasn't happened already.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8 (Expert) - 4 years ago 5   3