Should I get a Japanese 3DS?

1. Hi guys, new here.

I wanted to get a Japanese 3DS because of New Love Plus. I would probably get RE:R and Kid Icarus too, these are the 3 games I only want for the 3DS so far.

I do not understand one bit of japanese, but I've played Love Plus english patched before on my DS so I probably know a bit of how this game works, and I heard RE:R had an english option so that's cool. What I'm afraid is will I suffer from future games? Is it hard to operate the system in japanese? I normally just check one by one to see which is the option, etc when I play japanese games.

I've been thinking about this a lot and don't know is it worth for just one game, but New Love Plus is the only reason I would want a 3DS now, and maybe some other japanese titles in the future.

So let me hear your opinions guys, and those that own japanese 3DS and don't understand it too! Thanks in advance :)

User Info: abyssdepth

abyssdepth - 6 years ago

1. If I were you I'd stick to a 3DS from your region. Buying a Japanese 3DS isn't worth it unless there are 5 or more Japanese exclusives you REALLY want. You should also brush up on basic Japanese to somewhat enjoy the games.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. You will want to consider taking some basic Japanese/learning some of the language if you're wanting to play on a foreign language system (unless you find some way to translate what goes on in the system). If you end up with some kind of system error and the like and you don't know what it's saying, you may as well consider it broken as you have no way of finding out what happened to it. As far as it's concerned, the Japanese 3DS is JPN language only. :/

Anticipate whatever titles you're looking forward to in English to come out in the US. It's almost pointless to play a game in a language you don't understand if you don't understand the mechanics, system, storyline..etc. Majority of titles get licensed anyway, so just get a regular 3DS instead.

User Info: jibikyu

jibikyu - 6 years ago 1 1
  2. That would be like playing Ace Attorney in Japanese while not understanding one bit of Japanese.
    Don't do that until you learn up some Japanese.

User Info: megaponder

megaponder - 5 years ago 0 1
  3. The only benefit of getting a Japanese 3ds would be for region specific games as mentioned above. The reason for this is that the 3ds is now region locked so that games and region codes on systems must match for them to be playable.

User Info: Joe3715

Joe3715 - 4 years ago 0 0