What do you need help on? Cancel X
  Prev Next  
Close X FAQ/Walkthrough
by ZeoKnight

Table of Contents

BOOKMARK
Jump to:
Would you recommend this Guide? Yes No Hide
Send Skip Hide

FAQ/Walkthrough by ZeoKnight

Version: 1.4 | Updated: 04/05/18

Table of Contents

  1. Intro
    1. Gameplay Info
  2. The Beginning
  3. In Depth - Base Classes
    1. Fencer
    2. Dragoon
    3. Pugilist
    4. Harbinger
    5. Warlock
    6. Necromancer
    7. Rover
    8. Masurao
    9. Shaman
    10. Botanist
    11. Racial Skills and Extra Notes
    12. Equipment Skills
    13. Recap of Buffs, Debuffs, Ailments and Binds Skills
  4. 1st Stratum
    1. 1F - Pursuing an Old Legend
    2. 2F - Around the Campfire
    3. 3F - What Lurks behind the Trees
    4. 4F - A Dance with Stone Statues
    5. 5F - The Guardian of the Woods
    6. 1st Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  5. 2nd Stratum
    1. 6F - Rising to New Heights
    2. 7F - Beware of Stampede
    3. 8F - A Beast Born to Fight
    4. 9F - Across the Mountain Pass
    5. 10F - The Master of the Skies
    6. 2nd Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  6. In Depth - Master Titles
    1. F - Phantom Duelist
    2. F - Chain Duelist
    3. D - Shield Bearer
    4. D - Cannon Bearer
    5. P - Barrage Brawler
    6. P - Impact Brawler
    7. H - Deathbringer
    8. H - Deathguard
    9. W - Omnimancer
    10. W - Elemancer
    11. N - Spirit Evoker
    12. N - Spirit Broker
    13. R - Flying Falcon
    14. R - Hunting Hound
    15. M - Blade Dancer
    16. M - Blade Master
    17. S - Divine Punisher
    18. S - Divine Herald
    19. B - Merciful Healer
    20. B - Graced Poisoner
    21. Equipment Skills II
    22. Recap of Buffs, Debuffs, Ailments and Binds Skills II
  7. 3rd Stratum
    1. 11F - Chasing the Dying Light
    2. 12F - Over a Toxic Graveyard
    3. 13F - Where Wraiths Wander
    4. 14F - An Executioner's Axe
    5. 15F - The Lord of the Undying
    6. 3rd Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  8. 4th Stratum
    1. 16F - Discovering the Next Level
    2. 17F - Pillars on the Pathway
    3. 16F - Discovering the Next Level (hidden area)
    4. 1F - Pursuing an Old Legend (hidden area)
    5. 3F & 4F Tutelary Forest (hidden area)
    6. 7F - 9F Jagged Reach (hidden area)
    7. 15F - The Lord of the Undying (hidden area)
    8. 18F - Lost in the Crystal Caves
    9. 19F - A Mysterious Stranger
    10. 20F - The Creature in the Cavern
    11. 4th Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  9. 5th Stratum
    1. 21F - Back to the Beginning
    2. 22F - Echoes of Calamity
    3. 23F - Hindered by Gravity
    4. 21F & 22F Untamed Garden (hidden area)
    5. 24F - Through a Needle's Eye
    6. 25F - The Genesis of Darkness
    7. 5th Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  10. 6th Stratum
    1. 26F - Taking a Step Beyond
    2. 2nd Stratum Superboss
    3. 27F - Paths Lit by Heaven
    4. 1st Stratum Superboss
    5. 28F - Propechies in the Void
    6. 3rd Stratum Superboss
    7. 29F - Past the Edge of Despair
    8. 4th Stratum Superboss
    9. 30F - The Dawn of a New Myth
    10. 6th Stratum Boss and Epilogue
    11. Special Strategy: 99999 damage
  11. Full Maps
    1. 1st Stratum - Tutelary Forest
    2. 2nd Stratum - Jagged Reach
    3. 3rd Stratum - Fetid Necropolis
    4. 4th Stratum - Lucent Hollows
    5. 5th Stratum - Untamed Garden
    6. 6th Stratum - Empyreal Bridge
  12. Iorys Marketplace
    1. SHOP - 1st Stratum
    2. SHOP - 2nd Stratum
    3. SHOP - 3rd Stratum
    4. SHOP - 4th Stratum
    5. SHOP - 5th Stratum
    6. SHOP - 6th Stratum
  13. Book
    1. Quests
    2. Missions
    3. Monstrous Codex
    4. Item Compendium
  14. Unlockables
  15. Downloadable Content
  16. Closing

In Depth - Base Classes

Masurao

Skill NameTypeBody PartPrerequisite SkillsTargetTPMastered Effects and Extra Notes
Lv 1
Katana MasteryPassive--Self-Increases katana's damage output by 15%
Peerless DemonPassive--Self-Multiplies ATK by 9% for every successive hit up to 9 times, only last until the end of turn
DuelPassive--Self-Increases ATK by 25% at maximum level only if the user hits the same enemy on the last turn, reset after bonus is applied
Swallow SoarAttackArmsDuel (3)One enemy817Deals cut damage, and then deals another cut damage after the target makes its move
Armor PierceDebuffArms-One enemy513Deals cut damage and decreases DEF by 40% for 4 turns
Haze SlashAttackArmsArmor Pierce (2)One enemy715Deals cut damage and has 90% chance to inflict Sleep. However, the action speed of this skill drops to only 10%
Air BladeAttackArms-One enemy49Deals cut damage
WhirlwindAttackArmsAir Blade (3)Random enemies1020Deals cut damage from 3 up to 6 times
New ChallengerField---25Triggers consecutive battles from 3 up to 10 times and increases the chance of encountering Rare Breeds by 10%. Will fail to activate when used on the area without encounter
High GroundBuffArms-User's row513Increases physical ATK by 40% for 6 turns

Recommended Race(s): Therian

Similar to Pugilist, Masurao is one of the main attackers of this game. Its skills are all about inflicting damage as well as giving a physical damage buff to allies in a row and a physical damage debuff to a single enemy. High Ground grants an attack buff to a row of allies, Armor Pierce deals a defense debuff to a single enemy, while Swallow Slash (priority attack), Haze Slash (can Inflict Sleep ailment), Air Blade (Ranged attack), and Whirlwind (quasi-AOE) are all cut damage attacks. This class also has 2 passive skills, Peerless Demon and Duel, which increase attack when fulfilling certain condition. Outside of the battle, it also has one field skill, New Challenger, which draws enemies toward the team with a higher chance of them being rare breeds. It's useful when you need to grind party members without running around the labyrinth, this effect is compatible with Harbinger’s Soul Gather.

This class' specialty is physical attacks, so it has synergy with Pugilist because Overexertion, High Ground, and Armor Pierce fully benefit both classes. Masurao is the only class beside Dragoon which can equip Heavy Armor, but even with that, Masurao isn't suited as a tanker. Therians have low VIT and are kind of weak to magic (INT) attacks (Heavy armor provides low magic resist too), but they generally will survive encounters with standard healing or damage mitigation tactics. Dragoon or Necromancer with Fierce Shield may be picked to redirect the damage, and party-wide healers such as Rover, Shaman, or Botanist may be picked to ensure its survival.

Two main skills that should be learned and maxed are High Ground and Armor Pierce. However, High Ground's max level is 9, as its level 10 only raises its TP for adding its activation for one turn. The other skills worth mentioning are Air Blade, Haze Slash, and Swallow Slash, but it's unwise if you spend too much on these skills. Whirlwind may work on early game, but it doesn't on the long run. Peerless Demon is useless for now as the user can't inflict multi damage until later in the game. Duel can be learned although it doesn’t consistently deal bonus damage.

Contributed by Enfinete:

Now there IS glitch associated with Duel... who attacked which enemy is saved based on the character slot so it's not the unit that needs to attack but rather, the unit just needs to be in the slot where the character in that slot attacked the enemy. For instance, if Fencer in Slot 1 attacks and Masurao in Slot 2 does not on Turn 1, if you swap their places on Turn 2, Masurao in Slot 1 will benefit from Duel if Masurao attacks the same enemy that Fencer attacked.

Contributed by Hemless:

Start Armor Pierce(1) > High Ground (1) > Air Blade (1)
Level Armor Pierce, High Ground, and Union/Racial/Gathering skills according to your TP pool and preferences.

A final build of Armor Pierce (10), High Ground (9), Duel(1) Air Blade (4)
Skip Duel and/or keep Air Blade(1) should you choose to prioritize Union/Racial/Gathering skills.