What do you need help on? Cancel X
  Prev Next  
Close X FAQ/Walkthrough
by ZeoKnight

Table of Contents

BOOKMARK
Jump to:
Would you recommend this Guide? Yes No Hide
Send Skip Hide

FAQ/Walkthrough by ZeoKnight

Version: 1.4 | Updated: 04/05/18

Table of Contents

  1. Intro
    1. Gameplay Info
  2. The Beginning
  3. In Depth - Base Classes
    1. Fencer
    2. Dragoon
    3. Pugilist
    4. Harbinger
    5. Warlock
    6. Necromancer
    7. Rover
    8. Masurao
    9. Shaman
    10. Botanist
    11. Racial Skills and Extra Notes
    12. Equipment Skills
    13. Recap of Buffs, Debuffs, Ailments and Binds Skills
  4. 1st Stratum
    1. 1F - Pursuing an Old Legend
    2. 2F - Around the Campfire
    3. 3F - What Lurks behind the Trees
    4. 4F - A Dance with Stone Statues
    5. 5F - The Guardian of the Woods
    6. 1st Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  5. 2nd Stratum
    1. 6F - Rising to New Heights
    2. 7F - Beware of Stampede
    3. 8F - A Beast Born to Fight
    4. 9F - Across the Mountain Pass
    5. 10F - The Master of the Skies
    6. 2nd Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  6. In Depth - Master Titles
    1. F - Phantom Duelist
    2. F - Chain Duelist
    3. D - Shield Bearer
    4. D - Cannon Bearer
    5. P - Barrage Brawler
    6. P - Impact Brawler
    7. H - Deathbringer
    8. H - Deathguard
    9. W - Omnimancer
    10. W - Elemancer
    11. N - Spirit Evoker
    12. N - Spirit Broker
    13. R - Flying Falcon
    14. R - Hunting Hound
    15. M - Blade Dancer
    16. M - Blade Master
    17. S - Divine Punisher
    18. S - Divine Herald
    19. B - Merciful Healer
    20. B - Graced Poisoner
    21. Equipment Skills II
    22. Recap of Buffs, Debuffs, Ailments and Binds Skills II
  7. 3rd Stratum
    1. 11F - Chasing the Dying Light
    2. 12F - Over a Toxic Graveyard
    3. 13F - Where Wraiths Wander
    4. 14F - An Executioner's Axe
    5. 15F - The Lord of the Undying
    6. 3rd Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  8. 4th Stratum
    1. 16F - Discovering the Next Level
    2. 17F - Pillars on the Pathway
    3. 16F - Discovering the Next Level (hidden area)
    4. 1F - Pursuing an Old Legend (hidden area)
    5. 3F & 4F Tutelary Forest (hidden area)
    6. 7F - 9F Jagged Reach (hidden area)
    7. 15F - The Lord of the Undying (hidden area)
    8. 18F - Lost in the Crystal Caves
    9. 19F - A Mysterious Stranger
    10. 20F - The Creature in the Cavern
    11. 4th Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  9. 5th Stratum
    1. 21F - Back to the Beginning
    2. 22F - Echoes of Calamity
    3. 23F - Hindered by Gravity
    4. 21F & 22F Untamed Garden (hidden area)
    5. 24F - Through a Needle's Eye
    6. 25F - The Genesis of Darkness
    7. 5th Stratum Boss and Epilogue
  10. 6th Stratum
    1. 26F - Taking a Step Beyond
    2. 2nd Stratum Superboss
    3. 27F - Paths Lit by Heaven
    4. 1st Stratum Superboss
    5. 28F - Propechies in the Void
    6. 3rd Stratum Superboss
    7. 29F - Past the Edge of Despair
    8. 4th Stratum Superboss
    9. 30F - The Dawn of a New Myth
    10. 6th Stratum Boss and Epilogue
    11. Special Strategy: 99999 damage
  11. Full Maps
    1. 1st Stratum - Tutelary Forest
    2. 2nd Stratum - Jagged Reach
    3. 3rd Stratum - Fetid Necropolis
    4. 4th Stratum - Lucent Hollows
    5. 5th Stratum - Untamed Garden
    6. 6th Stratum - Empyreal Bridge
  12. Iorys Marketplace
    1. SHOP - 1st Stratum
    2. SHOP - 2nd Stratum
    3. SHOP - 3rd Stratum
    4. SHOP - 4th Stratum
    5. SHOP - 5th Stratum
    6. SHOP - 6th Stratum
  13. Book
    1. Quests
    2. Missions
    3. Monstrous Codex
    4. Item Compendium
  14. Unlockables
  15. Downloadable Content
  16. Closing

In Depth - Base Classes

Botanist

Skill NameTypeBody PartPrerequisite SkillsTargetTPMastered Effects and Extra Notes
Lv 1
Herb MasteryPassive--Self-Increases Herb skills' healing power by 30%
Healing HerbHealArms-One ally38Restores HP
Sweeping HerbHealArmsHealing Herb (5)Selected row715Restores HP
Refreshing HerbHealArms-Selected row1015Cures ailments. Works on selected row only at maximum level
Revival HerbHealArmsRefreshing Herb (3)One ally816Revived with 400 HP
AntibodiesPassive--Self-Raises ailments and binds' recovery by 50%
Herb ForagingFieldHeal--All allies-Restores HP and TP when gathering at chopping, mining, or taking spots.
Toxic SmokeDebuffHead-One enemy's row614Has 60% chance to inflict Poison and decreases Poison resistance by 40% for 6 turns
Dark SmokeDebuffHead-One enemy's row614Has 55% chance to inflict Blind and decreases Blind resistance by 40% for 6 turns
SmokeblightDebuffHeadToxic Smoke (2),
Dark Smoke (2)
One enemy's row512Decreases elemental DEF by 15% for 6 turns. If the target is inflicted by Smoke debuff, the reduction becomes 50% instead

Recommended Race(s): Brouni, Celestian

Botanist is the pure healer of the game. With its Herb skills, it has all kind of healing skills; Healing Herb and Sweeping Herb heals HP, Refreshing Herb removes ailments, and Revival Herb revives an incapacitated party member. It also has Antibodies which hastens recovery from ailments, and outside of the battle, the previous Herb skills function along with Herb Foraging which enables party HP/TP recovery when gathering items. Aside of Herb stuff, Botanist also has Smoke skills, which the user lowers an enemies' resistance toward certain ailments after trying to inflict those ailments. Toxic Smoke and Dark Smoke mitigates enemies' resistance toward Poison and Blind, respectively, and Smokeblight increases the amount of elemental damage an enemy receives, This skill also becomes stronger if the target is inflicted with the Toxic Smoke / Dark smoke debuff, they do not need to be inflicted with the ailment.

As a medic, of course it fits into any party, and from the start it is the class best suited for solo healing. Similar to the other support units, Botanist shouldn't be put into the front row. Dark Smoke may be useful on teams needing additional damage mitigation or using a Dodge-based Fencer. Smokeblight benefits Warlock, element-based skills, and those with an Elemental Prayer buff performing a weapon attack, so all of these are recommended to be put into the team. Parties lacking a Necromancer’s Poison Bomb may find Toxic Smoke as a less potent and less efficient, but still effective, method of dealing with troublesome enemy formations.

Botanist doesn't seem to have a priority skill, so just spend one point to all Herb skills and then Smoke skills. Afterward, it depends on your team. If this character is the only healer in the team, spend the rest of the skills points toward Herb skills evenly. If there is another party member who acts as a healer, this class has the option to be built toward Smoke skills. Poison and Blind ailments are very useful in early game.

Contributed by Enfinete

The decision of making Botanist leaning toward Herb or Smoke skills should be made beforehand and then decide to focus on either healing or ailment stuff. The default Brouni race doesn’t gain great LUC stats, so it’s discouraged to build it for Smoke-related stuff.

Contributed by Hemless

Just a few notes:

  • Enemies can only have 3 debuffs active at a time, so be mindful about overwriting useful debuffs with smoke skills, especially if you plan to use Smokeblight.
  • If you intend to use Brouni as the default race of Botanist then staying as a pure Healer is your best bet. There are valid points that equipment can supplement the Brouni’s low Luck, while my usual thought is “What’s stopping other the races from equipping that equipment too?”
  • If you plan to make significant use of the Smoke Skills then choosing a Celestrian or Earthlain Botanist will be greatly rewarding and, especially in the case of Celestrian, will not significantly hamper your healing prowess outside of the fact that your healing skills obviously have less SP investment if you level Smoke skills.
  • Even for a Smoke-based Botanist, getting at least Revival Herb (1) and Healing Herb (1) makes the early game a lot more smooth.