1. Every time (or almost every time) I encounter a Pokémon I haven't catched or evolve one I don't yet have, my console crashes and I have to turn it off and on again. If I just keep trying eventually the error stops, but it's still kinda annoying. Any ideas?

User Info: Vladimort

Vladimort - 1 month ago
  2. Clarification Request:
    Physical copy or digital?

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad - 1 month ago
  3. Additional Details:
    Physical

User Info: Vladimort

Vladimort - 1 month ago

1. The first thing I would do is try to narrow down where the issue actually lies, with the cartridge or the system. You can do this by using a seperate 2/3DS system to play the game and see if the crash still occurs. If it does then it most likely is the game cartridge itself and it not then it is probably the system.

Then once you figure that out you should contact Nintendo Customer Support for help on resolving the error or to gain insight as to what could be causing it.

Having information such as actions you are doing immediately prior to the crash, how frequent are the crashes, any common factors that occur each time, error code if one is given. Having this information prior to the phone call could help make things go quicker and will give the rep more information to work with.

Another thing that might be causing the crash are foreign programs that are on the system that you have installed yourself, one example would be a CFW. Sometimes these programs can cause unexpected side effects. If you have any of these try uninstalling them and using the game again and see if the crash still persists.

Another issue many users seem to have is with Home Pass, Street Pass or Spot pass being active. Sometimes disabling these can fix the issue.

Another user had a similar issue and used this tool to which apparently corrected their issue. It may work for you.

Here is the Discussion with users with similiar crashing issues and some of their resolutions:
    gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/792672-pokemon-alpha-sapphire/70865120

This discussion board has a link to the tool mentioned above that may help with the issue, it is the last comment on the page. Apparently the system said the tool wasn't needed but it fixed the crashing issue anyways (contacting Nintendo may also lead to this route as well so it may be worth while to try it beforehand. If you are unsure about whether or not to use it then contact Nintendo and ask to see if it is a viable fix for your issue)

Best of luck mate, hope this gets resolved for you.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde (Expert) - 3 weeks ago 0   0