How do I guard point?

1. I've seen alot of people using this, but me? I'm still newbie, any ways or control to do this?

User Info: Floxel

Floxel - 1 month ago

Answers

1. When you have your weapon drawn out, there's a button on the very bottom right. Tapping it will result in your hunter morphing to an axe. But, it's also a guaranteed guard point. It's fairly easy to pull off. You can also guard point using R + X while your weapon is in the blade mode but make sure you press X before the R, or else the hunter won't guard point. You can also guard point when your hunter has the charge blade in its axe mode then pressing R.

Remember, timing is key with guard points, and will take some practice to master. I recommend practising on Tigrex or Diablos, considering your progress in the game currently.

I hope this helps and have a good day! Happy hunting!

User Info: shamir

shamir - 1 month ago 3   2
  2. You need to guard point right before the monster hits you, so good reflexes are also a key here.

User Info: shamir

shamir - 1 month ago
  3. idk why this comment has downvotes, this is exactly how guardpoints work lol

User Info: Khirek

Khirek - 1 month ago
  4. You can configure special button to start button on hunts. So you can press start to do one.

User Info: dirtmonster2004

dirtmonster2004 - 1 month ago 1   0