1. How can i assign subs to my main palicoe as I want to experiment with different skills. I know how to bring 2 on hunts but they are just 1st stringers and not subs

User Info: DickWillen

DickWillen - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Your main palico gains a copy of the abilities of palicos in your 1st stringers, the more of a specific type of palico the more abilities he mimics.

User Info: Dragonvein92

Dragonvein92 (Expert) - 4 years ago 0   0
  2. Don't think you can switch or change your main. Didn't know he copied the 2nd, tho. Going to check that out

User Info: GGlaiveGbye

GGlaiveGbye - 4 years ago 0   0
  3. The Main Palicos Forte is dependent on the Fortes of your 1st Stringers, the Forte of most of the Palicos in 1st Stringers will be the Forte of the Main Palico. He will also get more skills of a Forte the more Palicos of the same Forte are in the 1st Stringers. If there are 5 1st Stringer Palicos with the same Forte, the Main Palico will gain a stronger version of one of their skills. The Monster Hunter Wiki has a great page on how 1st Stringers affect the Main Palico.

Also the Main Palico canno be switched out, unfortunately, and also the only Palicos that can be taken to quests are the 1st Stringers. Not sure what you mean by subs, but I believe the second Palico you take to a quest is assigned as a sub. You can only take your Main and another Palico from the 1st Stringers with you on quests. Here is the Link to MH Wiki monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Palicoes

User Info: Bokkodo

Bokkodo - 3 years ago 0   0