1. I'm trying to get online. I've been solo-ing Gore Magala for it's plate for too damn long, and now its time to cave in and get the job done quicker.

All I know is, I filled the "Hunters for Hire" info with the gong lady, and what do I do after that? Wait for people to show up? Can we only do the online quests?

User Info: Willykinz

Willykinz - 4 years ago

1. I'm guessing you never tried online in this game before, so I went ahead and explained how the guild quests worked. If you know how they work, skip to paragraph three.

Okay, so first of all the online and single player campaigns are 2 DIFFERENT campaigns with similar quests. This means you'll have to start online fighting the overgrown dung beetle, Jagster, elephant monkey man, etc BEFORE you can get to AIDS: the dragon. Farming online is faster for materials, but in order to get to Gore Magala (AIDS: the dragon), you need to complete HR 2.

The multiplayer campaign is separated into Hunter Rank, or HR. You start off HR 1 doing 1 star quests, HR2 doing 2 star quests, etc. These quests gave the same format as single player: do the required quests, get the urgent. Virus man is the urgent leading into HR3. Google "mh4u guild key quests" and click the result showing the monster hunter wikia.

Now, to actually get online, press world map on the bottom screen. Then, on that screen, press the green bar at the top that says "solo/multiplayer." Press Online, now you can create or join an online gathering hall. I recommend looking for one to join before making one. When you click join, there are filters. One of the filters is a target filter, and you can filter out all the halls except for the one you need to fight. However, you can only choose monsters that you can fight via the quests you have unlocked in the guild hall, so The Black Plague probably won't be available if you haven't been doing those. Ignore the gathering hall ID spot if you're not joining a specific player's hall. Once you get search results, find a room that isn't out on the quest (it'll say on the bottom screen).

Anyway, good luck!

User Info: Babblepl0x

Babblepl0x - 4 years ago 2   0