FAQ/Walkthrough by DBM11085
Version: 1.15 | Updated: 12/20/13
Table of Contents
- What's New
- Becoming a Painting
- Energy Gauge
- Equipping Items
- Renting/Buying Items
- Using the Map
- Saving Your Game
- Irene's Bell
- Sanctuary & Kakariko Village
- Before the Eastern Palace
- DUNGEON: Eastern Palace
- Before the House of Gales
- DUNGEON: House of Gales
- Before the Tower of Hera
- DUNGEON: Tower of Hera
- Retrieving the Master Sword
- DUNGEON: Inside Hyrule Castle
- Welcome to Lorule
- Before the Thieves' Hideout
- DUNGEON: Thieves' Hideout
- Before the Desert Palace
- DUNGEON: Desert Palace
- Before the Swamp Palace
- DUNGEON: Swamp Palace
- Before the Dark Palace
- DUNGEON: Dark Palace
- Before Skull Woods
- DUNGEON: Skull Woods
- Before Turtle Rock
- DUNGEON: Turtle Rock
- Before Death Mountain & Ice Ruins
- DUNGEON: Ice Ruins
- Before Lorule Castle
- DUNGEON: Lorule Castle
- Heart Pieces
- Maiamai Locations
- Treacherous Tower
- Treasure Hunter Rooms
- Eastern Palace Room
- Graveyard Room
- Great Swamp Room
- Haunted Grove (Hyrule) Room
- Death Mountain (Hyrule) Room
- Vacant House Room
- Misery Mire Room
- Item Shop (Hyrule)
- Street Merchant (Kakariko Village)
- Item Shop (Lorule)
- Milk Bar (Kakariko Village)
- Witch's House
- Secrets/Tips and Tricks
- Free Potion Samples
- Meeting the Rumor Guy
- The Bee Guy
- The Rupee Hinox
- The Runaway Item Seller
- Unlock Hero Mode
- Copyright Notice
Master Ore: Used to upgrade the Master Sword (need two per upgrade). There are only four of these in the world. The first upgrade is done by the Hyrule Blacksmith, whereas the second one is done by the Blacksmith in Lorule:
Monster Guts/Horn/Tail: Enemy spoils, used to make potions at the Witch's House for you to purchase. Can also be sold to the witch for Rupees.
- On Death Mountain, go west of the Tower of Hera to find a gap you can merge across. Merge, then fall into the cave opening below. Head north into a hidden area where the Heart Piece is waiting.
- On the eastern part of Death Mountain (cross the bridge with the Hookshot), enter the cave leading to Rosso's Ore Mine. When you reach the first solid platform with walls on three sides, take the western path where you will face large springs on moving platforms. Get through that section to the top, where you will find this Heart Piece.
- In Lorule, enter the cave north of the "Death Mountain" weather vane. At the first path split, go west, then go north at the second split (you need the Tornado Rod). When you exit the cave and reach an isolated ledge, use the fissure portal tower to return to Hyrule, where you will find this Heart Piece.
- In the southeast area of the Eastern Ruins, you will find steps leading to an upper ledge blocked by stones. Lift them with the Power Glove, then follow the path to a cracked wall. Bomb it open, then in the cave, merge with the wall to cross the pit and collect the Heart Piece.
- In the southeast area of the Eastern Ruins, follow the path southward past the blue Tektites to find a Heart Piece surrounded by stakes. Use the Hammer to pound the stakes and collect the piece.
- In the Hidden Passageway to the Sanctuary, go to the dark room with the catwalk overhead. Make your way to the chest that contained the Small Key earlier, then merge with the wall and continue eastward. You will reach one more ledge with this Heart Piece on it.
- After you obtain Zora's Flippers, jump into the river that runs behind the Witch's House. Swim to the eastmost end and enter the cave behind the waterfall. Inside is this Heart Piece.
- At the north side of the Graveyard in Lorule, get onto the high ledge and use a Bomb to reveal a fissure portal. Return to Hyrule, then enter the cave on that ledge to find the Heart Piece.
- In the southeast area of the Great Swamp, you will find a Heart Piece surrounded by statues in front of a cave entrance. Further to the southeast you will find two statues in front of a wall. Bomb the wall and go through the cave to emerge by that Heart Piece.
- On the east side outside of the castle walls, you will find a Heart Piece surrounded by small stones. Use the Power Glove to pick them up, gaining access to the piece.
- In Kakariko Village, jump into the hole in the ground in the northwest area of town (by lifting the rock or using a Cucco and flying off the ledge). In the cave below, grab the Heart Piece on the ledge.
- In the south end of Kakariko Village, play the Cucco Ranch mini-game. Complete the Rooster stage (third level) for the first time to win this Heart Piece as well as rupees.
- After completing your second dungeon, play the Rupee Rush mini-game in the southern end of Kakariko Village. Complete the challenge as close to the 30-second mark as possible (you need to time this yourself of course). If your final total is over 100 for the first time (bonus included), you win this Heart Piece.
- At the Blacksmith's Shop, merge into the side of the house and pop out behind it. Go north a screen to reach this Heart Piece on the high ledge.
- At the Blacksmith's Shop, use Titan's Mitt to lift the large stone outside. Enter the cave behind it to find a Heart Piece.
- From Thieves' Town in Lorule, use the fissure portal in the destroyed building to emerge in a locked house in Kakariko Village. The Stylish Woman inside will give you a Heart Piece.
- East of Lake Hylia, talk to the Racing Bro on the high ledge and agree to race to his other bro behind the Miner's House by the Lost Woods. Complete the first race in 75 seconds and the intermediate race will be unlocked. Complete that one in under 65 seconds to win the Heart Piece (you will need the Pegasus Boots and good knowledge of the overworld map to win).
- It is pretty much required that you have the Pegasus Boots before attempting this mini-game, and that you plan out your route in advance so you know trouble spots, enemies and obstacles to avoid while dashing, etc. A good route would take you directly south and west to the Great Swamp, then northward to Link's House. Go north and west along the straightaways, then north from the Blacksmith's Shop, dashing as much as possible. You need to learn the proper alignments to avoid certain enemies and trees on your own.
- A good alternate route requires that you have access to Lorule, and have activated the "Skull Woods" weather vane. Start the race, then use the fissure portal nearby to reach Lorule. Use Irene's Bell and get to Skull Woods, then go south to exit the forest. Continue south, east, and north to the ruined Miner's House, using the fissure portal behind the bars. Then, exit the house and talk to the other Racing Bro to finish the race. It should get you there with a good time, especially if you have not mastered the normal path.
- In the northern part of the Lost Woods, you will see a log tunnel west of the large rock. Halfway through the tunnel, merge into the southern wall and pass through the cracks to reach a Heart Piece in a hidden alcove.
- On Death Mountain, enter the Treacherous Tower at the top of the mountain. Complete the Intermediate level (15 floors for 200 Rupees) for the first time to receive this Heart Piece.
- In the Hedge Maze, get to the middle area where you must cross an elevated platform. The Heart Piece is on a narrow ledge near the guard on the right side.
- This one is located on a high ledge in the northern part of Misery Mire. To get there, enter the Desert of Mystery in Hyrule and go up the steps northwest from the two fissure portals situated in columns. Form a sand bridge and merge along it to the right, and you will reach a fissure portal blocked by rocks. Throw a Bomb so it explodes in the air to clear it, then pass through the portal. You will arrive next to the Heart Piece.
- From Kakariko Village, use the fissure portal behind Sahasrahla's House to return to Lorule. Merge with the building and go around to the ledge in the middle of the building. Pop out to get this Heart Piece.
- In the Skull Woods region, go one screen south of the ruined Miner's House. Get to the high ledge along the east side and head north to find a Cucco. Pick it up and carry it to the northmost edge of the area, then jump off with Cucco in hand. Fly onto the left side of the roof of the house to reach this Heart Piece.
- In Thieves' Town, play the Fortune's Choice mini-game (it costs 200 Rupees) for a chance to open three treasure chests. One of the chests will contain the Heart Piece.
- Play the Rupee Rush mini-game in the southern end of Thieves' Town. Complete the challenge as close to the 30-second mark as possible (you need to time this yourself of course). If your final total is over 150 for the first time (bonus included), you win this Heart Piece.
- In the Haunted Grove area, play the Octoball Derby mini-game. If your total is more than 100 for the first time, you win the Heart Piece.
- Southeast of the Swamp Palace, there will be a wall blocked by a cracked stone. Bring the Big Bomb Flower over here to clear it, then enter to find 400 Rupees and a Heart Piece.
- In the Turtle Rock dungeon on 1F, take the northwest exit to reach an isolated island outside. You will find this Heart Piece there.
On the northwest shore of Lake Hylia, there is a cave that you must use a Bomb to open. Inside you will meet Mother Maiamai, who asks you to find all 100 of her babies hidden throughout Hyrule and Lorule (50 in each world). She even includes a map that divides the overworlds by region, showing how many babies are remaining in a given area.
For every 10 Maiamais you return to the mother, you will receive an upgrade to one of the items that you actually own (the ones you purchase from Ravio), so I recommend finding as many as you can! When you upgrade an item, it will become a "Nice" item (Nice Hammer, Nice Bow, and so on). The items that qualify for upgrading are the following:
- Fire Rod
- Ice Rod
- Sand Rod
- Tornado Rod
The Maiamais are very well hidden, so use this list to find them all! When you are near a missing Maiamai, you will hear a crying sound which gets louder when you get closer. The list is broken down by region as shown on the in-game map.
If you manage to return all 100 Maiamais to their mother, you will be granted the Great Spin sword attack. This greatly increases your spin attack's range and power, which is extremely helpful in tight situations and essential for the Treacherous Tower!
- From the "Death Mountain" weather vane, progress through the boulder cave. At the top, take the second exit out of the cave to the ledge with the chest on it. Merge and climb to the right, then pop out to knock the baby free.
- From the "Death Mountain" weather vane, go down the ladder and head across the southeast bridge. When you come to a single small rock, pick it up with the Power Glove to uncover this baby.
- At the far east end of the mountain (cross the broken bridge with the Hookshot), you will find a treasure room. On the right wall outside, you will find this baby; merge and pop out to get it.
- On the east side of the mountain (use the Hookshot to get across), enter the cave leading to Rosso's Ore Mine. At the first solid platform, take the south branch along the platforms. Take either platform at the three-way split to reach a cave exit. Back outside, lift the stone on the middle platform to find this hidden baby.
- On the eastern side of the mountain (using the Hookshot), enter the cave leading to Rosso's Ore Mine. Make your way all the way to the bottom, going east at the first solid platform. When you finally reach the ore mine itself, go to the western end. Lift up the smaller rocks surrounding the large one to find this baby.
- On the ground just south of the "Desert Palace" weather vane, use the Sand Rod to dig up a hidden baby.
- On the ground slightly northwest of the two columns with fissure portals in them, use the Sand Rod to dig up another hidden one.
- In the sandy area just west of the Great Swamp, you will find two large stones next to each other. Lift the bottom one using Titan's Mitt to uncover this one.
- In the southeast area of the ruins, there is a yellow tree next to a square tile formation in the ground. Dash into the tree with the Pegasus Boots to knock this one out.
- Just to the east of the crystal switch gate, merge into the northeast wall and pop out behind the baby on the wall.
- Swim in the river leading north from Lake Hylia, and dive in a spot east of the bridge to pull up this baby.
- In the southeast area where the Heart Piece surrounded by stakes was located, stand on the upper ledge above the fissure portal and merge with the north wall. Go counter-clockwise around the area to reach the narrow southern ledge. Use Titan's Mitt to lift the large stone to uncover this baby.
- Go to the area one screen south of the Eastern Ruins area, and you will find a bunch of trees with crows sitting in them. Dash into the single tree at the far right with the Pegasus Boots to find this one.
- In the west area with the rows of large rock structures and Octoroks running around, you will see this one atop one of the structures on the right side. Dash with the Pegasus Boots to knock it out.
- Outside the Sanctuary, look on the wall below the upper ledge. Merge with the wall and pop out to grab it.
- Inside the Witch's House, merge onto the left wall and pop this baby out.
- From the Witch's House, jump into the river to the north (must have Zora's Flippers) and swim west one screen. Climb up the northern ladder to a secluded ledge, then merge into the wall to pop this one out.
- To the east and south of the Witch's House, pass the three large rocks and merge into the southern wall. Pop this baby off the wall above the lower section.
- Outside of Zora's Domain, dive with the Flippers just north of the ring of rupees to find this one.
- In the area east of Hyrule Castle, jump into the water under the wooden bridge and dive to recover this baby.
- In Lorule, go the northern end of the Graveyard and use a Bomb to clear the fissure portal on the high ledge. Return to Hyrule, then merge with the wall and pop out to knock this baby off the high wall.
- In the north area of the swamp, there is a formation of statues with the center one surrounded by water. This baby is on the middle one; dash with the Pegasus Boots to knock it off.
- At the south end next to the small building, dive into the deep pool to the right (must have Zora's Flippers) to find this baby.
- In the southeast area, you will find two statues in front of a wall. Bomb the wall and enter the cave, where you will find a small pool of water in the back. Dive in the deeper part to pick up this baby.
- Along the path outside the castle to the southwest, there are numerous white squares on the ground. Use the Tornado Rod to blow them away, revealing this baby.
- Outside the castle walls in the northwest corner, there is a lone tree. Dash into it with the Pegasus Boots to find this baby.
- Merge onto the wall behind Link's House and pop this baby off.
- Next to the Blacksmith's Shop, you will see square tiles on the ground. Use the Tornado Rod to blow them away, revealing this baby.
- One screen to the north of the Blacksmith's Shop, use the Pegasus Boots and dash into the tree next to a lone stone to knock it out.
- In the north end of the Haunted Grove, this baby is atop the trees; dash with the Pegasus Boots to knock it down.
- One screen west of Link's House, there is a lone tree standing in the path. Dash into it with the Pegasus Boots to knock this baby out.
- In Lorule, go to the area south of the Haunted Grove (Octoball Derby mini-game) and pass through the fissure portal at ground level. You will emerge on a high ledge with several small stones surrounding a large one. Lift the large one with Titan's Mitt to find this baby.
- On the roof of the purple-roof house southeast of Sahasrahla's house, there is a small stone sitting up there. Use a Cucco to jump from the upper ledge and land on the roof, then lift the stone (need the Power Glove) to find this baby.
- To the right of the purple-roof house in the northeast area of the village, there are two bushes situated between fences. Cut them down to find the baby.
- To the right of the Cucco Ranch mini-game, dash into the tree with the Pegasus Boots to knock this one out.
- Pay to play the Rupee Rush mini-game at the south end of the village (after completing the second dungeon). The baby is on the south wall; merge and pop off to get it.
- In the southern area of the village, there is a small Cucco pen. Go through the house to the yard, then use the Sand Rod on the sandy patch to reveal this baby.
- Next to Mother Maiamai's cave, merge into the wall to pop the baby off.
- In the lake right in front of the House of Gales island, dive in the middle of the D-shaped shallow ring to find this baby.
- On the House of Gales island, behind the fence is a single square tile. Use the Tornado Rod to reveal this baby.
- From the House of Gales, swim along the stream to the eastern shore. Before you reach the ladder, you will spot the baby in the deep water; dive down to grab it.
- Go to the ledge where the Racing Bro is waiting, and merge onto the wall. Move to the next ledge to the south, and lift the large stone with Titan's Mitt to find this one.
- On the side of the Fortune Teller's tent outside of Kakariko Village; merge onto the tent and pop it off.
- On the east wall just south of the Miner's House, merge onto the wall to pop the baby off.
- In the small pond one screen east of the Fortune Teller's tent, dive in the deep water with Zora's Flippers to reach this baby.
- Enter the Lost Woods from the entrance north of the Fortune Teller's tent. As soon as you enter, dash into the first tree with the Pegasus Boots to knock out this baby.
- Enter the Lost Woods from the entrance west of the Miner's House. At the first intersection, go south and lift the small stones using the Power Glove to find this hidden baby.
- In the northwest corner of the Lost Woods, cut down the bushes in the corner (this location is north of the tall column) to find this baby.
- In the Lost Woods, go to the southwest area and take the right path to exit the woods. From there, go south to find a large rock blocking your path. Lift the smaller stone to find this baby.
- In the cave south of the Miner's House that leads to Death Mountain, you will find a large rock in the northwest corner of the path. Use Titan's Mitt to lift it and follow the new path to reach the ledge above the entrance outside. Merge onto the wall to pop this baby off.
- On the southwest area of the mountain, get to the top of the long ladder and follow the southern barrier. You will see a small ledge with a single pot on it below; drop down and break the pot to find this baby.
- Follow the path directly west of the Treacherous Tower, using the Hammer to pound the stakes and Titan's Mitt to lift the leftmost large stone to uncover this one.
- Just before the west end of the bridge, lift up the large stones with Titan's Mitt to find this baby.
- East of the "Death Mountain" weather vane, walk along to the eastern wall. On the upper ledge, merge into the wall and move to the right, then pop this baby off the wall.
- Enter the cave north of the "Death Mountain" weather vane. At the first path split, go westward until you exit the cave. When you get outside, drop to the middle ledge and break the pot to find this baby.
- On the northern wall outside of the Icy Ruins, you will find this baby.
- Outside the Philosopher's cave, lift the large rock with Titan's Mitt to find this baby.
- On the northern wall of the Graveyard below the fissure portal, merge with the wall and pop this baby off.
- In the area southeast of the Graveyard, there is a lone tree near the chest with 100 Rupees. Dash into the tree to knock this one out.
- In the area west of the Hedge Maze with the large rock structures and the fissure portal tower, this baby is sitting atop one of the structures. Dash into it to knock it out.
- In the area southwest of the Hedge Maze entrance (and south of the fissure portal tower), dash into the lone tree in the corner to find this baby.
- In front of the southwest Hedge Maze entrance, dash into the leftmost tree in the group to find this one.
- When you enter the Hedge Maze from the southwest, this baby is on the wall directly in front of you.
- Take the southeast exit from the Hedge Maze, then merge onto the left wall. Move counter-clockwise along the upper half of the wall to reach the south ledge, then pop out and collect rupees. Merge again to the right and pop off the baby hanging at the end.
- Follow the river leading northward along the west side of this region. At the north end by the fissure portal behind the waterfall, dive to pull this baby out.
- From the fissure portal behind the waterfall, merge with the wall and go east. Cross the pit in the middle of the water, then pop out on the right side and dive to grab this one as well.
- In the Hedge Maze, get to the middle area where you must cross over an elevated platform. At the east side of the platform, you can drop down and merge with the wall to pop this one off.
- In the northeast region by the large waterfall, dive in the deep water in front of the waterfall to find this one.
- In the area south of the large waterfall, get onto the upper ledge and merge with the wall. Move along to the south ledge with the tall grass, then cut it down to find a hidden baby.
- In the southeast area, merge onto the wall behind the weather vane to pop this one out.
- In the southwest area of the swamp, dive in the patch of deep water to pull out this baby.
- In the area just east of the "Misery Mire" weather vane, you will find two large stones next to each other. Lift the bottom one using Titan's Mitt to uncover this one.
- From Kakariko Village, use the fissure portal behind Sahasrahla's House to enter Lorule. Merge on the west wall of the building to pop this baby off.
- In the area south of the southeast exit of the woods (you can also use the fissure portal behind Sahasrahla's House in Kakariko Village, then go north a screen), there will be a baby on the southwest wall. Merge and pop out to get it.
- In the area southeast of the Skull Woods, you will come to a drained pond. Go down the steps into it and merge with the right wall to pop off this baby.
- In front of the ruined Miner's House, dash into the single tree to knock this one out.
- In the area one screen south of the ruined Miner's House, you will find a V-shaped formation of trees with bushes in the middle. Cut down the bushes to uncover this baby.
- From the "Skull Woods" weather vane, go west and south to exit the woods. Go south and lift the large stone with Titan's Mitt to find this one.
- In the northwest corner of Skull Woods near the Mysterious Man's cave, you will find bushes surrounding a single pot. Break it to find this baby.
- In the southwest area of Skull Woods by the fissure portal tower, go east to find two seemingly innocuous bushes. Cut them down to find this baby.
- At the Blacksmith's Shop, merge onto the building and move to the west side where you can pop this baby out.
- In the area north of the Blacksmith's Shop, one of the large stones you can lift with Titan's Mitt is hiding this baby.
- In the southeast area of Thieves' Town, dash into the tree just east of the Milk Bar to find this baby.
- In the southwest corner of Thieves' Town, you will find a hollowed out building. Merge with the inside wall to pop out this one.
- In the southwest area of Thieves' Town, pay 100 Rupees to play the "Rupee Rush" mini-game. This one can be found hanging on the northwest wall during the mini-game.
- Outside of Lorule Castle, check the eastern wall and merge to pop this one off the wall.
- In the area outside of the Lorule Castle entrance, dash into the southeast tree to find this baby.
- One screen west of the Vacant House, lift the large rock with Titan's Mitt to find this one.
- On the ledge behind the Vacant House, this baby is on the wall; merge to pop it out.
- From Hyrule, enter the fissure portal on the ground level south of the Haunted Grove. You will emerge in Lorule on a high ledge. Merge with the wall and go right (west) to reach the baby on the high wall; pop out to knock it down.
- In the area where the Octoball Derby mini-game is located (in the Haunted Grove area), break the pots on the left side to find this one.
- In the yard of the Big Bomb Flower Shop, cut down the grass behind the Big Bomb Flower to find this hidden baby.
- In the northeast corner of the Swamp of Evil, this baby is easily found on the wall for you to merge and pop it off.
- In the pond in the northwest section of the Swamp of Evil, dive in the deeper waters to recover this baby.
- In the southeast area of the Swamp of Evil, you will find three statues. This one is sitting atop one of them; dash into it to knock the baby free.
- In the area east of the lake by the fissure portal and the cave, get onto the upper ledge in the corner. Merge onto the wall and head west until you reach another small high ledge. Pop onto it and break the small stone to get this baby.
- On the dry land southeast of the lake, you will find this one hanging on the wall. Merge and pop off to get it.
- In the east side of the lake, you will spot a circle formation of rupees under the water. In the center is a baby, so dive down to grab it.
- In the southwest corner of the lake, you will find a large stone. Lift it with Titan's Mitt to uncover the baby.
- West of the lake by the Item Shop, go south and merge with the wall to pop this baby off of it.
Cost: 20 Rupees (Egg); 30 Rupees (Chick); 50 Rupees (Rooster); 10 Rupees (Endless)
Location: South of Kakariko Village
For this game, you are locked inside of a square pen while Cuccos run and fly across the screen from all directions. You need to avoid contact with all of them for 30 seconds in order to win the prize. In order to unlock the next level, you need to complete the level before it.
If you win, you receive 2x the amount you paid to play. Rooster level pays out 3x and a Heart Piece for the first time you win. In Endless mode, at 100/300/500/800 seconds, you win that amount of rupees. If you survive Endless for 999 seconds, you win 3000 Rupees and a Large Cucco (sits outside the ranch, fully recovers your hearts if you talk to it).
Cost: 20 Rupees
Location: East of Lake Hylia
Talk to the Racing Bro and you will be asked to race to his brother, who is stationed behind the Miner's House next to the northeast Lost Woods entrance. For the first time you race, you need to get there within 75 seconds to win 100 Rupees. For the second race onward, you need to beat 65 seconds. If you make it, you will receive a Heart Piece for the first win and 300 Rupees for subsequent wins. You can not use Irene's Bell (in Hyrule at least :P) or you will not receive a prize at the end due to cheating.
It is pretty much required that you have the Pegasus Boots before attempting this mini-game, and that you plan out your route in advance so you know trouble spots, enemies and obstacles to avoid while dashing, etc. A good route would take you directly south and west to the Great Swamp, then northward to Link's House. Go north and west along the straightaways, then north from the Blacksmith's Shop, dashing as much as possible. You need to learn the proper alignments to avoid certain enemies and trees on your own.
A good alternate route requires that you have access to Lorule, and have activated the "Skull Woods" weather vane. Start the race, then use the fissure portal nearby to reach Lorule. Use Irene's Bell and get to Skull Woods, then go south to exit the forest. Continue south, east, and north to the ruined Miner's House, using the fissure portal behind the bars. Then, exit the house and talk to the other Racing Bro to finish the race. It should get you there with a good time, especially if you have not mastered the normal path.
Cost: 50 Rupees (Hyrule)/200 Rupees (Lorule)
Location: Kakariko Village/Thieves' Town
In this mini-game, you pay for the chance to open treasure chests. In the Hyrule version, there are two chests: one has a single rupee and the other has 100. In Lorule, you can open three chests which have rupees, collectible items, and even a Heart Piece. You get to keep whatever you find in the chests.
Cost: 50 Rupees
Location: Haunted Grove (Lorule)
You get to play some baseball in this mini-game. You will be given 30 pitches total, and there are pots scattered throughout the field and on the fences. You can adjust your batting stance by holding Up or Down on the Circle Pad, or simply leaving it neutral. Holding Up leads to a ground ball, Down is a fly ball, and neutral is for mid-range. How you time your swings has an effect on where the ball is hit. Early swings send the ball to the right side, while late swings lead to the left.
There will be crabs walking back and forth on two sides of the field. Hit one and all destroyed pots will be replenished. Each pot you hit is worth a single rupee, with a golden pot worth five. If you hit three pots in a row, a crow will appear; hit it to get a 20-rupee bonus (as long as you time the swing right for where the crow is, your ball will home in on it). If you manage to hit the Octorok pitcher, it will immediately spit out another ball, so be prepared to swing at it.
As for prizes, you get to keep the rupees you earn, so that's it. If you manage to break the 100 mark for the first time, you also win a Heart Piece.
Cost: 50 Rupees (Hyrule); 100 Rupees (Lorule)
Location: South of Kakariko Village/Thieves' Town
You will be given 30 seconds to wander around an open field with various obstacles, trees, and so on. The goal is to collect as many rupees as you can, but the tricky part is there is no timer! You must keep your own time using a stopwatch or other timepiece. You need to talk to the person at the entrance within 30 seconds to win; going over that time will mean you get absolutely nothing.
You receive a bonus depending on how many seconds remaining you had before talking to the person. Having under 2.00 seconds left gives you a 2x bonus while under 1.00 second gives you a 3x bonus. If you manage to break 100 Rupees (150 Rupees in Lorule) for the first time (bonus included), you will receive a Heart Piece.
At the top of Death Mountain in Lorule, there is a special monster-filled tower you can pay to access. Initially, only the Beginner lever is available, with the Intermediate and Advanced stages unlocking after completing the previous level. Inside, you must fight monsters on the specified number of floors. Survive and you will receive a good amount of rupees, as well as prizes. Here is a quick breakdown:
|Intermediate||200||15||Rupees, Heart Piece (first time)|
|Advanced||300||50||Rupees, Super Lamp (first time), Super Net (second time)|
Naturally, the type and difficulty of the monsters increases with each level. Higher floors may have other hazards such as darkness, icy floors, narrow platforms with pits, etc. It is highly recommended that you have the following before attempting: Master Sword Lv3, Hylian Shield, Blue/Red Mail, at least two Blue Potions, and all items/tools you can purchase in your inventory. Those are not required but will greatly improve your success rate, especially on the Advanced difficulty.
- 8 Mini-Moldorms
- 10 Sand Crabs
- 8 Octoroks
- 4 Stalfos, 4 Bone-Throwing Stalfos
- Moldorm (boss)
- 1 Popo, 8 Ropas
- 8 Cyclops Bats
- 6 Crows
- 11 Terrorpins
- 8 Green Sword Soldiers
- 7 Hardhat Beetles
- 6 Blue Archers
- 8 Snap Dragons
- 6 Helmasaurs
- 8 Gibdos
- 4 Snow Hinox
- 6 Snow Zirros
- 7 Ice Knights
- 2 Green Soldiers, 1 Blue Ball-and-Chain Trooper
- 5 Moblins, 5 Shield Moblins
- 21 Blobs
- 12 Rats, 12 Ropes
- 7 Keese
- 10 Green Sword Soldiers
- 9 Armos Knights
- 4 Poes, 8 Hyus
- 9 Rupee Like Likes
- 5 Blue Tektites, 5 Red Tektites
- 4 Spear Soldiers, 4 Spear-Throwing Soldiers
- No enemies (5 hearts)
- 7 Red Kodongos, 4 Green Kodongos
- 8 Slaroks
- 9 Yellow Crabs, 12 Kus
- 6 Pengators
- 6 Green Baris, 6 Red Baris
- 5 Green Goriyas, 3 Red Goriyas
- 7 Blue Tarosus
- 2 Giant Pengators
- 1 Giant Bari
- No enemies (3 hearts)
- 8 Kyunes
- 10 Yellow Rats, 10 Skull Ropes
- 7 Tendorus
- 1 Popo, 4 Wizzrobes
- 8 Dark Mini-Moldorms
- 2 Green Eyegores, 2 Blue Eyegores, 2 Red Eyegores
- 4 Blue Archers, 4 Sword Knights
- 4 Spear-Throwing Soldiers, 1 Gold Ball-and-Chain Trooper
- 3 Lynels
- No enemies (1 heart); every floor above this point will have icy floors
- 6 Red Hardhat Beetles, 4 Buzz Blobs
- 9 Ghosts (dark room)
- 4 Freezors
- 6 Cyclops Bats, 4 Nuranurus
- 8 Blue Zazakkus
- 4 Ropas, 4 Snow Zirros
- 8 Red Eyegores (dark room)
- 4 Ice Wizzrobes
- 1 Fire Ball-and-Chain Trooper
- No enemies (small fairy)
- 7 Red Tarosus, 4 Green Zirros
- 10 Bone-Throwing Stalfos
- 4 White Baris, 3 Yellow Baris
- 1 Giant Ice Knight
- 4 Shield Moblins, 4 Bomb Knights
- 8 Red Zazakkus
- 3 Stone Knights, 3 Fire Knights, 3 Ice Knights
- 3 Sword Knights, 3 Spear-Throwing Knights
- 3 Dark Lynels
- Moldorm (boss)
Throughout both Hyrule and Lorule, you will find special caves that contain unique puzzles. All of these rooms have a Treasure Hunter standing near the entrance with some sort of minor hint about how to reach the treasure. There are also icons atop pedestals that show what item(s) you must have in order to complete the challenge. The prizes are all rupees (usually 100, but some yield 300).
Location: Hyrule; northwest area of Eastern Ruins, building west of the Eastern Palace and north of the crystal switch gate
Required Items: N/A (must complete Eastern Palace first)
Treasure: 100 Rupees
Merge through the bars at the entrance, then take the path on either side to the center area below. From the Treasure Hunter, merge onto the first green block. When it rises upward, pop out onto the ledge above. Merge onto the second block, then after it rises, merge onto the adjacent wall and wait for the green block you just rode to move downward. Once it moves back down, jump out on top of that block.
Ahead, there are two more green blocks adjacent to each other. Merge onto the first one and ride it upward to where the two blocks meet. Move over onto the second block and wait for it to rise upward. Then, move to the southern edge of the block and pop out to land on the first block below. When it rises upward again next to the second block, walk onto the last block and ride it to the top where you will find the chest.
Location: Hyrule; east of the Graveyard (use Bomb to open cave)
Required Items: N/A
Treasure: 100 Rupees
Merge onto the first moving platform in front of you and ride it northward. At the center platform, move to the east side and pop out onto the next platform when it appears below you. When you reach the eastern wall, merge and pass through the narrow slot, then head northward and up the stairs. At the far end of the room, merge with the wall and head southward through another slit in the wall.
Move westward along the north end of the room and pop out on the ledge by the second Treasure Hunter. There is a slit in the west wall; merge onto the wall south of it, then pass through to the opposite side. When the moving platform is in that narrow passage, run across it to the other end and merge with the wall again. Pass through the crack in the wall and pop out on the platform on the other side. When it moves to the center, press the floor switch to activate a moving platform behind the chest above.
From here, ride the next platform to the south and hit both crystal switches to activate two smaller moving platforms. Ride either one to the other end, then go up the stairs to the upper ledge in the bottom corners. Merge with the wall at that point and head all the way northward to the center area. When you reach the north-central ledge, pop out onto it and ride the final platform to the chest.
Location: Hyrule; south end of the Great Swamp (use Titan's Mitt to lift large rocks blocking entrance)
Required Items: Boomerang, Hookshot
Treasure: 100 Rupees
First, go to the lower level by the rafts and stand on the far west edge of the platform behind the steps. Face northward and throw the Boomerang, then move to the right so it triggers the crystal switch behind the wall on its way back to you. Next, step onto the eastern raft and Hookshot to the right. Hit the second crystal switch to raise the water level in the room, then jump off the raft and swim to the east and north, diving under the spiked bars.
On the dry ledge, go around the corner and hit the floor switch to lower the wall dividing the room. On the edge of the platform facing the water, stand on the eastern half and throw the Boomerang diagonally to the southeast to hit the third crystal switch. After that, swim to the raft in the middle of the water and Hookshot to the north and west. Use the Boomerang to hit the final crystal switch to the north, raising the water level once more. Finally, Hookshot to the east and north along the raft to reach the chest.
Location: Hyrule; high ledge south of Haunted Grove (must access via the lower fissure portal in the same area in Lorule)
Required Items: N/A (access to Lorule)
Treasure: 185 Rupees (total)
Here, you are faced with a pit lined with fans blowing wind gusts at various points on the way down. You must grab a Cucco and land on the various ledges to grab the rupees on the way, using the warp tiles to return to the start to try again. There is really no strategy aside from simply watching where the wind gusts are, and making sure to fly around them. The big prize, 100 Rupees, is on a small ledge towards the bottom, but almost directly below the fan blowing westward. You will need to fly onto the ledge from the south to safely reach it with good timing.
Location: Hyrule; inside the cave at the east end of Death Mountain (must use Hookshot to cross the broken bridge)
Required Items: Hookshot
Treasure: 100 Rupees
Starting off, Hookshot to the center wall and merge with it upon impact. Move around to the ledges on the sides, then pop out and walk to the middle area above. Hookshot to the next wall straight ahead and merge onto the panel. Wait for the moving platform to start moving to the west side, then head to the left side and pop out onto that platform. Merge onto the far west wall and go north to a small ledge across from a wall lever. Pull the lever with the Hookshot to make another platform slide out of the wall.
Walk to the right edge of that grating, then Hookshot and merge onto the north wall panel. Pop out on the adjacent ledge and go up the steps before merging onto the wall again. Head south along the wall to reach a floor switch on the next ledge. Hit it and the small square platforms in the room will start to move. Ride the first one in front of you to the center area, then Hookshot across to the west wall. Merge with the wall upon impact and go south along the rupee trail. When you spot the next square moving platform below you, drop onto it and ride it to the chest at the end.
Location: Lorule; one screen west of Vacant House (cut down square bush formation and fall into hole)
Required Items: Pegasus Boots
Treasure: 300 Rupees
This challenge is purely about your timing, particularly about when and where to stop dashing along the narrow ledges surrounding the center area. There are several gates which are temporarily lowered by hitting crystal switches before them. You need to get through the gates by dashing or the gates will rise up again, forcing you to try again or drop off the ledge to try the whole challenge again.
Begin in the southwest corner, facing northward by the first switch. Hit it and dash straight up the steps, stopping behind the second gate in the northwest corner. Face eastward next and hit the second crystal switch, then dash to the east. Just before you reach the edge, stop (press any other direction on the Circle Pad) and quickly dash southward to make it through the second gate in the set.
From the Dungeon Bro standing on the ledge, face westward before hitting the third crystal switch. When you hit it, dash to the west corner, then turn to the north and dash up the steps. At the corner, quickly turn to the east and dash again to pass through the single gate. Once you get past that gate, simply run around to the big chest at the end.
Location: Lorule; inside the cave one screen east of "Misery Mire" weather vane
Required Items: Sand Rod, Tornado Rod
Treasure: 300 Rupees
From where you start, first go down the steps to the sandy area and run around the room, stepping on the six floor switches on the ground level (you will need to merge to cross the gap in order to reach the northeast one). This will activate the fan on the west wall. Go back up the steps by the entrance and use the Sand Rod to form a wall of sand ledges all the way to the north end. Walk across the first half, merging with the center wall to reach the other side, and continue to the northwest ledge.
From here, go south to the ledge directly below the fan. Face eastward and use the Sand Rod to form the next wall, then use the Tornado Rod to fly over the center wall. After you land on the east end of the sand wall, merge with the wall and get onto the north platform. While standing on the edge of the north platform, face southward to the left of the floor switch below and use the Sand Rod to form another wall leading to the south which we will come back to. For now, go around the corner to the southeast end of the path, and merge with the wall to reach the final floor switch on the high ledge, which activates the eastern fan.
Now, stand below the east fan and use the Tornado Rod to land on the sand wall you formed from the northern ledge. You can then go south to reach the chest.
There are two item shops, one in Kakariko Village and one on the west shore of Lake Hylia. Both sell the same items.
|Bottle||100 (only one)|
|Smooth Gem||200 (only one)|
NOTE: The price of Milk is reduced to 10 Rupees if you find the Letter in a Bottle east of Lake Hylia, then fill it with premium milk and deliver it to the man on the ledge outside of Rosso's Ore Mine on Death Mountain.
If you visit the Witch's House in northeast Hyrule, she will have four potions for sale. If you talk to the witch and choose the first option, she will be happy to give you a free taste of the Red Potion, recovering five hearts. You can talk to her as many times as you want to fully recover whenever you're in a bind!
With the Hookshot, enter the Lost Woods from the entrance near the Miner's House. In the northeast area of the woods, you will find a wide gap. Use the Hookshot on the tree to cross it, then enter the log cave there. Inside, you will meet Rumor Guy. He will give you random information about certain people when asked. He's just a fun little side character to interact with.
In Kakariko Village, there is a house with a giant bee above the door. Inside you will meet the Bee Guy. If you have at least one Bottle with you when you talk to him, he will give you the Net which is used for catching, among other things, Bees. Bees are found randomly by cutting down bushes and grass in the overworld, and will attack you if you don't kill them first. If you capture a Bee and store it in a Bottle, bring it back to Bee Guy to receive an instant 50 Rupees.
There is also a rare Golden Bee you can capture. It is found either in the wild or by purchasing it from the Mysterious Man in Skull Woods for 888 Rupees. Return a Golden Bee to receive the Bee Badge, which prevents Bees from attacking you. Any subsequent Golden Bees you capture will earn you a cool 300 Rupees!
After your first visit to Lorule, head over to the Witch's House in Hyrule. Jump into the river to the north of the house and swim westward to a ledge. Merge with the wall atop the ledge and pass through the fissure portal to return to Lorule. From there, merge with the wall below and go all the way eastward across a gap, and you will find a cave behind a waterfall (this cave holds a Heart Piece in Hyrule).
Inside the cave is a Hinox. Talk to it and it will give you a small amount of rupees to leave it alone. At that point, you can either choose to leave or continue pressing the giant cyclops for more money. The amount of rupees the Hinox gives you will steadily increase each time you ask, in this pattern: 5, 20, 50, 100, 100, 300. After the sixth payment, if you try to press the Hinox once more, it will become enraged and attack you! You can not kill the Hinox, and exiting/reentering the cave does not reset this attack. You must save and quit, then reload your save and return here. You can press the Hinox for rupees in this manner as many times as you want, as long as you save/quit after the sixth payment. It's yet another quick way to make money!
In the north end of the Great Swamp in Hyrule, you will find two stones along the north wall near the pond. Bomb the wall in between the stones and enter the cave, where you will find the Kakariko Item Shop's owner in hiding. He asks for a Scoot Fruit, so buy one at a shop for 50 Rupees and bring it to him. He will reward you with 100 Rupees as thanks.
To unlock Hero Mode, which is the same adventure but with tougher enemies, simply complete the regular quest once.
Michael Poitras: For providing an alternate route for the Hyrule Hotfoot mini-game in Lake Hylia.
Paul LaPlante: For correcting the amount of rupees needed in the Rupee Rush mini-game in Theives' Town.
kiabaman4258: For pointing out a mistake about upgrading the Lamp by collecting Maiamais.
Angela Musco: For showing me a hidden alcove in Turtle Rock that contains 300 Rupees!
BlueMage82: For telling me about the hidden chest on 1F of the Ice Ruins containing 300 Rupees!
John Doom: For correcting a typo in the Ice Ruins leading to the chest containing 300 Rupees.
FIAWebmistress: For correcting information about the Sand Rod.
Call_Me_Charlie: For noting that you can stun the boss of Turtle Rock by freezing the fire pillars during the second phase.
This file is Copyright (c)2013 Devin Morgan. All rights reserved. Please view the following URL to see the list of sites that are allowed to post my work:
This list is comprised of sites I know and trust well. If your site is not on the aforementioned list, you are currently not allowed to post any of my files on your site. Please respect my work and do not steal it or post it without my permission. I only want my most recent work to be available and I do not feel that can be achieved if others take from me without my knowledge or permission.
If you are writing a FAQ for this game as well, and would like to use some information, credit me for what you use. Please do not rip me off, as that is blatant plagiarism and such will not be tolerated.
If you wish to contact me, do so at dbmfaqs(at)gmail(dot)com. Please only contact me if there are corrections to be made to information that's currently included. Thanks!
=- End of File -=