Review by Isaiah

Reviewed: 08/19/13

Replayability - The Deciding Factor

Introduction: This game is an RPG where you control and catch little people called Denpa Men who live near radio waves; if you aren't interested in RPG's or fighting games, I insist you stop reading now. Anyway, this is a game that is easy to learn but hard to master; getting everything single item and antenna will be very tough. Unfortunately, the game lacks replayability as should've been able to infer from the title.

Controls - 10/10
I really don't believe the controls could get any simpler; you use the circle pad to move; A button to speed to scroll through dialogue (once it is finished being displayed), and everything else is pretty self-explanatory.

Gameplay - 9.5/10
Gameplay consists of you entering dungeons by boat (you just go there; no controls necessary), and then you try to find and defeat the boss and rescue your special one. While the dungeons are RPG style, the fights and actual other stuff is more Fighting Games style. Each denpa man has an antenna; the antenna will differ in shape and form depending on the level of the denpa man and the skill the denpa man possesses. Thus, strategy is involved to a certain degree; however, that strategy is practically kicked out of the question due to a button that says "Y: Auto" which allows them to decide for themselves, (and it is the most efficient way too). On the other hand, the simple gameplay is also a plus, but I do believe they could've added a few more controls and perhaps more walking.

Difficulty - 4.2/10
Really, the game is only difficult if you don't live around a ton of radio waves. Otherwise, it is fairly easy; it all depends on where you live that determines the difficulty. Of course, you need to, you can always search for some helpful QR codes online. The hardest part of the game is the boss fights. Also, I would like to say that it gets a whole lot harder after the first dungeon; be prepared.

Duration - Anywhere from 10hr. to 30hr. to complete game.
The game is surprisingly long despite the fact that it only consists of 11 dungeons (if you count the post-game dungeons and Digitoll Underground). The reason comes from how many times you are gonna get wiped out (and probably cheat by restarting the game) and the length of the dungeons.

Replayability - 0/10
I'll go ahead and tell you it as it is: there is absolutely POSITIVELY NO replayability value unless you move to an entirely new area (say, a new county if you live somewhere like GA in the United States of America, or a new if you live somewhere like China, Japan, and South and North Korea.)

Overall - 7.5/10
The score above is for most people; my personal score is my opinion. Anyway, if you don't care about the replayability values, then you should buy this game; elsewise, don't even waste your time and money bothering.

Product Release: The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave (US, 09/27/12)