How do I avoid Savegame Corruption / Freezes?

1. I just ordered the game and read a little on the forums about bugs. Can someone please tell me how to avoid getting a corrupt save game and freezes during certain events?

And please in a spoiler-free version that someone understands who hasn't played the game yet (if that is even possible). I read some abbreviation like PFC or something like this, but of course since I never played it before, I don't know what it means.

User Info: falc410

falc410 - 6 years ago

1. To preface my explanation, I will tell you that this game has Novel (story) and Escape (puzzle) sections.
    To avoid the save corruption, never save in an Escape section, and definitely never save in the PEC, neither in the Novel nor Escape sections. (PEC stands for Pressure Exchange Chamber, but you don't need to know this, as it is always referred to by its acronym in the game.)

As for the freezes, the main culprits are certain mini-games, specifically the dice mini-games (which appear in two difference puzzle rooms) and the mini-game in the PEC. With the dice mini-games, don't move the dice too quickly and you should be fine. With the other one, just hope it doesn't freeze.

All in all, it sounds a lot worse than it actually is. You'll probably only encounter at most a couple of freezes in your entire run of the game, and as long as your follow the aforementioned precautions you won't lose your save file, either.

User Info: bond007106

bond007106 - 6 years ago 2   0