How do I start my game with a cutscene?

1. I have been working on my rpg game for about a week now and have come up with an idea, one that has been used countless times. I want the main character of my game to fight against the final boss and lose right from the start of the game. Only problem is I don't know how to auto-start the fight without moving the character. Does anybody know how to do this?

User Info: LucarioDragneel

LucarioDragneel - 1 year ago
  2. Ok and how can I get my characters to all move at once. i.e towards and into the tower in which the rest of the cut scene takes place.

User Info: LucarioDragneel

LucarioDragneel - 1 year ago

1. I'm not sure why the character would have to move?

Have your cut scene event auto-execute. Use the fight option. Make sure to heal knocked out characters after the fight or they'll get a game over as soon as the cut scene stops playing (plus they'll all be the little flame icon instead of their sprites until you do).

User Info: SuperZer0

SuperZer0 - 1 year ago 0   0

1. So with this method it should trigger when I start the game? I only have to be in the same area as the event?

User Info: LucarioDragneel

LucarioDragneel - 1 year ago 0   0
  2. An auto-execute event page will trigger and play out as soon as the player is on the same map and any page conditions are met, yes.

User Info: SuperZer0

SuperZer0 - 1 year ago 0   0