Alternate XP system?

1. So I don't own this game yet, though I plan on purchasing it. I've played a bunch of games other people have made, and I kinda want to have a different combat system, though it seems to be fairly set in stone.

My idea was this:
    Set all monsters XP gain to '0', but have them drop some 'Attribute Points' (AP). Then there'd be a shop in the village that'd let you spend AP to gain new skills or stat boosts.

My question is:
    Would this work?

User Info: Rinne_Reader

Rinne_Reader - 1 year ago

1. It can work but it's gonna require a lot of work around.

using AP to purchase new skills can be done easily. Stat boost however is a different story. There's no option to boost a stat. You can however, make a character change into a different profession then level up and gain all bonus of that profession then switch him/her back to original profession.

User Info: DragonKensou

DragonKensou - 1 year ago 0   0