How do I make my characterf fall?

1. I made a trap door, I want it to look like the character fell from another room

User Info: Antasma1

Antasma1 - 2 years ago

1. Fade out the screen, move your character to the place they're going to land, and make them transparent. Have an event with the same sprite as the character six or seven tiles above the landing tile, make sure that Pass Judgement and Walk in Place are both turned off, and the event and the character are both facing the same direction.
    Fade in, play a sound effect if you want, and have the event move straight down to the character's location - use the rotate option in the final part of the move selection if you think it improves the effect. Again, play a sound effect if you want, then make the character visible again. Finally flip a switch or character variable to make the event disappear, making sure it's still passable.
    You can add a Movement - Jump to make it look like the character bounces on landing, and Movement - Angle to stop them magically landing on their feet.

User Info: npcspace

npcspace (Expert) - 2 years ago 1   0