How can I make an effect where my character can walk over and under the bridge?

1. I'm making my character walk under the bridge, climb a ladder and walk on the bridge. I can work with the switches making me pass under the bridge and triggering invisible events so that I wont "fall off" the bridge when walking on it. My biggest obstacle is the graphics.

Creating a bridge using map event and changing its collision to overlap my character will easily make an effect where my character walks under the bridge but how do I create a trigger to change it so that my character overlaps the bridge when I'm walking on it?

is there another way around this trick? please help. thanks in advance.

User Info: DragonKensou

DragonKensou - 2 years ago

1. There is no way to change a time's back/foreground status in-line.

If your bridge has a wall or something at the sides, you could extend it so that each side takes two tiles. If you make the outer sides passable foreground objects, and stick in an event that sets the hero to transparent and pass through on touch (with a second page to reverse it) it should simulate walking under the bridge, but you'd need other events in place to stop people from going off route.

User Info: npcspace

npcspace (Expert) - 2 years ago 0   0