1. Hi everyone, I have recently started trying to get shiny Pokemon, it started of with ORAS and I did alright. Playing SUMO I haven't had such luck, I have the shiny charm and I run a mixture of the Masuda Method and SOS battling just still no luck, anyone else having the same issues?

User Info: Pglover365

Pglover365 - 2 years ago
  2. And if anyone could tell me the chances to run into a shiny either by the Masuda Method or by SOS that would be helpful!
    Thanks in advance

User Info: Pglover365

Pglover365 - 2 years ago

1. I've obtained 12 shinies in 10 days. It's quite easy if you have time.

My quickest shiny was 40 encounters (Caterpie), which took about 20-30 minutes.
    My longest was 570 encounters (Growlithe), which took about 5 hours.
    The average time it takes to get a shiny is around 1.5-2.5 hours.

Just keep in mind that SOS hunting typically does not require full attention or skill; you can (for example) watch YouTube while shiny hunting, so it'll be less boring. This does vary depending on the Pokemon you're trying to shiny hunt. Therefore, you just have to be patient.
    _______________________________________________________________________
    The shiny odds are:

SOS Chain of 1-69: 1/4096 chance without Shiny Charm | 1/1365 chance with Shiny Charm
    SOS Chain of 70-255: 1/1024 chance without Shiny Charm | 1/683 chance with Shiny Charm

Masuda Method: 1/683 chance without Shiny Charm | 1/512 chance with Shiny Charm
    *TIP: I'd stray away from the Masuda Method for several reasons:
    1.) It takes full dedication, and you'll probably have to put all your attention onto it. (You can't watch YouTube while shiny hunting.)
    2.) Even though the shiny chance is higher, each egg takes more time to hatch, so in actuality, it'll usually take longer than SOS hunting.
    3.) If you don't have an Oval Charm or a Pokemon with Flame Body/Magma Armor, it'll make the process MUCH more difficult.
    *Exception: I obtained Shiny Magikarp via the Masuda Method in only 40 egg hatches. This took about 30-45 minutes. The only reason I
    used the Masuda Method in this case was to use Magikarp's hatch time to my advantage. (It has the lowest hatch time of all Pokemon!)

User Info: SilentMouse

SilentMouse (Expert) - 2 years ago 0   0

1. I haven't had any luck with finding a shiny Pokemon of my own in Sun/Moon either, but I've heard from some people that have several legitimate shinies. Even with a Shiny Charm and the Masuda Method or SOS chains, it's still simply just a matter of luck...

Here are the odds of finding a shiny (with Shiny Charm odds in parentheses):

Random encounters/non-Masuda eggs: 1/4096 (~1/1365)

SOS chain between 70-255 KOs: 1/1024 (~1/683)

Masuda Method: ~1/683 (1/512)

User Info: gamexpert1990

gamexpert1990 (Expert) - 2 years ago 0   0