Why do I get the message, "They don't seem to like playing with each other, though"?

1. So, I confirmed Misdreavus and Muk can breed. But I talked to the day care lady in pokemon sun, and she says, " They don't seem to like playing with each other, though". What does it mean? Why did it appear? Do I just have low odds of producing an egg, or no odds?

User Info: Mismagius93

Mismagius93 - 3 years ago

1. I read somewhere online that it means there's about a 20% chance for an egg to occur between them but that's when I was looking for a ditto breeding chart.

User Info: Kinthinia

Kinthinia - 3 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. That somewhat confusing message appears when you try to breed two compatible Pokemon of different species that have the same Trainer ID (as in, you personally caught them both). They'll still breed and you'll still get an egg, but it may take a while. The game rolls for eggs as you walk around, and if there's a low chance of egg, it may take a while before you see it.

Using two Pokemon of the same species, two Pokemon with different trainer IDs, or both of those combined, result in much higher breeding chances. If you try to use two incompatible Pokemon, she'll tell you outright that they don't play with each other.

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz (Expert) - 3 years ago 1   1