Link trade error: "You can't trade Pokemon because there is a problem with your Pokemon"?

1. I traded someone my Feebas holding a Prism Scale for their Poliwhirl holding a King's Rock over the internet. The trade went through fine, they both evolved as they were supposed to, but when we tried trading back, I kept getting the error, "You can't trade Pokemon because there is a problem with your Pokemon." I eventually traded them back a different Pokemon for my Milotic, which worked fine, but I'd like to get them back their Politoed somehow.

The Poliwhirl in question was the one obtained from the in-game trade, so is it possible that that is responsible for the problem? I just have no idea, and I haven't been able to find anything whatsoever about this error message via Google.

User Info: palvethka

palvethka - 3 years ago

1. The in-game trade poliwhirl is obtained at level 22. Poliwhirl evolves into poliwag at level 25.
    The game likely accepts that the poliwhirl is legitimate, but likely does not have an exception for either of its evolutions (which likely have a condition that they cannot be traded below 25.)

There was a similar issue last gen where if you caught a piloswine from a friend sylvari (level 30) and immediately tutored it ancient power and leveled it once, the resulting mamoswine would be considered illegitimate (as swinub evolves into piloswine at 33). This is likely the same issue.

Ensure the politoed is at or above level 25 and attempt the trade again.

User Info: ariafiresong

ariafiresong - 3 years ago 3   0

Answers

1. I don't think you can trade NPC pokemon. I tried to trade that Steelix in X, but the same thing happened.

User Info: Mismagius93

Mismagius93 - 3 years ago 0   0
  2. If a Pokemon is obtained at a lower level than its evolution it may not be traded. I know the hack checker counts certain Pokemon as not legal if they are below the level for evolving.

User Info: ProfDE

ProfDE (Expert) - 3 years ago 0   0
  3. The answers everyone else said might be true, but I didn't level up my "Whirly", as the NPC called it.
    Traded it for Slowking and traded back and got the Politoed.

User Info: 9Cirno9

9Cirno9 - 3 years ago 0   0