Poliwrath River help?!

1. So I'm on Chapter 6, Poliwrath River. Thing is, I can't beat the brothers. The closest I've gotten is 1 Poliwrath down. Any advice? I'm a Riolu, and my partner is Cyndaquil, both around Lvl11.

User Info: RaptorWolf1

RaptorWolf1 - 2 years ago

1. I'd recommend trying to find emeras along the way, especially Type Bulldozer for Cyndaquil so its fire attacks will do normal damage. Orbs are super helpful too, Totter orbs can make most of their attacks miss and maybe even hit each other and a slumber orb can stall them a couple turns (their wand counterparts are fine too) You'll have to bring a couple of these though since they usually wear off in one or two turns. If you still have the progress device, I'd also recommend using it on the 9th floor by the stairs, this way if you lose and have to shut off your game, you won't have to go through the whole dungeon again (and deal with those pesky Heliolisk). If you have trouble getting any of those items, just go to Pelipper Island (in the main menu) and gather items there, once you've put them in your storage, you can grab them at Poliwrath River at the rest stop on the 5th floor.
    As for tips about the battle itself, once you've activated an orb have your partner and you aim for one Poliwrath, once that Poliwrath uses protect aim for a different one (alliances come in handy here). And don't pay attention to Poliwag cause if you've activated an orb, it doesn't heal from a status condition quickly so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Good luck!

User Info: kippy0

kippy0 - 2 years ago 2   0

1. Thanks! I'll see your suggestions in the game, but I'm going to leave this up for a bit.Thanks again!

User Info: RaptorWolf1

RaptorWolf1 - 2 years ago 1   0
  2. I beat poliwrath with charmander and froakie, try grinding and using items to your advantage.

User Info: Highsupershifty

Highsupershifty - 2 years ago 1   0